Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

Kinsley's POV:

"Where are they!" I screamed for like the billionth time. My mother and now I assume my boyfriend went missing and all we have is a video footage of masked men dragging their bodies away. I mean seriously universe! If you didn't want me and Jayce to be together there were other ways to say it.

"We have a primary suspect but you aren't going to like Kinsley," Avery said. I motioned for her to continue and received a pained look.

"Just tell me! Damn it! I'm not a little girl who needs to be protected."

"It's your father," Tristan interceded on Avery's behalf.

"What! My father wouldn't kill Jayce or my mother. He knows how much I love Jayce," I said shaking my head vigorously.

"Uncle wouldn't care about that though. You're the only he would even think to hesitate before he kills," Avery said, "why do you think my family and I moved so far away. It was to get away from him."

I collapsed on the sofa. I knew from that afternoon I overheard my father killing someone that he can be cruel but towards his own family?

Jayce's POV:

So far they have punched me until I passed out and starved me. I refuse to give up though. I've been trained for this, albeit it is a whole lot different when it's happening to you in real life.

As I squinted my eyes open I saw Kinsley. That's not right.

"Hey Jayce," she said.

"Kinsley, what are you doing here?" I asked her. She helped me up only to punch me in the jaw.

"Did you really think I'm here for you! I hate you. I'm going to make you regret ever knowing me."

"Kinsley what's going on? Your father's the bad guy here not me," I pleaded with her. No matter what I can never hurt her.

"So not only did you lie about my mother but now you're accusing my father. I don't know what I ever saw in you Jayce but now my eyes has been opened. I bet my mother put you up to this. To get me to join forces with you guys and take down my father. Well guess what? That's not gonna happen!" With that she grabbed my head and slammed it against the bars. I passed out almost instantly knowing that was going to leave a mark.