Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

Kinsley's POV:

When we finally reached the Keeper's HQ I finally released the anxiety feeling I felt throughout the whole ride. Mom and Jayce were safe again and that was all that mattered.

"Kinsley, I want uppy," Elizabeth demanded reaching her hands up. Good grief.

"Okay, let's go," I turned around so she can get on my back, piggyback style.

When I finally got in I went up to Asher, dropping Elizabeth off to him .

"As her boyfriend this is your job," I pointed out.

"Sorry I was busy helping your boyfriend. It'd look a little funny for you to give him a piggy back ride," his sudden comment surprised me. Out of all of us Asher was definitely the quietest and the one who kept the peace within the group.

"Touché Asher Whites, touché" I nodded in his direction. He smiled at me signifying that he meant no offense.

"Kinsley, can we talk?" I turned around to see Avery.

"Of course Aves. Where to?"

"We can talk as we walk," she said wringing her hands.

"No problem," I said letting her lead the way.

We walked in silence for a bit until she was sure we were far enough from the others.

"So...what's been bothering you?" I asked having a feeling what this was about...or rather who.

"I think I might like Tristan," she quickly said.

"You think? I know. Sweetie I wasn't born yesterday. I can see the two of you giving each other cow eyes." I knew Avery was very much the little kid in the world of dating. I am too but I'm not completely incompetent either.

"It's just with his history of being a notorious player I'm kind of scared to possibly lead him on. Why can't this be easy as it was for you and Jayce?"

"Easy?" I laughed. "At first, I thought he saw me as a sister, then he said he loved me, then you came along and I thought he moved on with you. Believe it was anything but easy. At some point we broke each other's hearts. Thankfully we had such a history together that it would be nearly impossible for the both of us to just completely give up on us. I am also quite grateful that Jayce is very tenacious and cleared what was going on between us so we weren't going in circles anymore."

"I want that with Tristan, I'm just not sure that that's what he wants."

"Give him a chance Aves, you never know he might just surprise you. Well, speak of the devil," I said when we saw Tristan as we were turning the corner.

"Avery! I've been looking for you," he yelled nasally across the hall. It was kind of funny since his nose was all bandaged up. He was lucky he had the ability of quick healing.

"Just remember you chose him," I teased Avery.

She laughed and waited for him. I continued down the hall heading to the infirmary to visit Jayce and my mom.

Avery's POV:

Okay, here we go. Or maybe I can just turn the other direction and run away from Tristan. I sighed. No Avery, you have to talk to him eventually. Mmm...maybe later? Not knowing what to do, I instead planted my feet down.

When he finally reached me it took all of my willpower to keep my breathing nice and even. Even though within I am hyperventilating. Man! Even bruised and bandaged up he was still cute.

"We need to talk," he curtly stated.

"About what?" I tried acting perplexed.

"I'm going to get right to it. I like you Avery. Very much. I'm done playing around. Seeing Kinsley almost lose two people she cares and loves showed me that I shouldn't be playing around because who knows my time may come soon. The last thing I want to regret is not telling you how I feel.

My draw dropped.

Okay, I was not expecting that. I was trying to get my brain to send some signals to mouth telling it to speak but at the moment my brain was in shock and unresponsive. Stupid brain.

"Avery? Are you going to say something?" he asked.

"Yes," I said my brain finally functioning. Thank God, he did have mercy.

"I'm sorry. I'm still in shock. So to clarify you said you like me," I stated more for me.

"Yes," he said putting his hands in his pocket rocking on his heels, nervous.

Huh, I made Tristan Evans nervous.

I decided to abandon my self-doubts about him and put my arms around his neck. It was kind of hard since he was insanely tall.

"Took you long enough," I smiled.

I heard clapping, cheering, and whooping. I turned around to see my friends. Should've known. We were all too nosey for our own good.

"Now there's only two bachelors and one bachelorette that's left. Ethan? Ileana? Mikey? Huh huh," Elizabeth said raising her eyebrows.

"Nah, I'm good. I enjoy the wild life of a bachelor," Mikey said.

"I'll pass. I don't think Luke will appreciate it if I got myself another boyfriend. He's usually pretty understanding but I don't know exactly how to explain that situation to him," Ileana said.

"Duly noted," Elizabeth said.

"Ethan, my dear dear brother. Am I gonna a get a sister through you?" I laughed at Elizabeth's attempts at her brother.

"Yeah no, and don't even try setting me up Elizabeth Jane Holt," Ethan said seriously.

"Seriously? You had to bring in the middle name?" Elizabeth glared at her brother.

___________________________________________________________

Sorry guys, that's all you're gonna get for today. If you really want Mikey and Ethan to have a significant other comment below and give me some ideas as to who it should be and how should they should meet. Remember to comment and vote! 😉😉

Don't you just agree with me that Avery and Tristan (up top) look so cute together 😍😍

Yo Illy, if you're reading this, comment below of your perfect dream guy's picture and name.