Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Kinsley's POV:

It's been a week since my cousin Avery has arrived and two weeks since Jayce told me how he really felt. I haven't spoken to him for two weeks and it is slowly killing me. I stood on the balcony that led out from my new bedroom.

I told my Dad that it was time for me to move out and get the hang of the world. Surprisingly he allowed me to go without much of a fight. I mean there was still an argument but eventually and reluctantly he let me go. 

He believes I'm living with Avery which is technically true since she moved in also with the rest of the Keepers.

When Avery arrived everybody thought we were sisters we looked so much alike. I personally don't see it but obviously Jayce has noticed since he's been hanging out with her more and doing his best to avoid me.

I sighed and heard a laughing squeal outside due to my super hearing. I decided to put my other super ability to good use. Concentrating, I was able to see Jayce and Avery with my night vision eyes. My heart broke as I saw both were so happy.

I guess the saying is right. You don't know what you have until you lose it.  

I went back to my room and tried to attempt to sleep.

That didn't work so I decided to put on my headphones on and listen to some music hoping it will lull me to sleep. When Shawn Hook's song "Sound of Your Heart" started playing I knew I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon. I put the song on loop  and turned the volume up and just listened to it.

After the fifth loop I decided I was done with this and deserved a break. I don't care but I was going to haul Elizabeth along with me to some girls time tomorrow. No Jayce. Especially Jayce and Avery.

Jayce's POV: Outside with Avery

I knew Kinsley needed space so she wouldn't feel claustrophobic and trapped in regards with our relationship. For two weeks whenever I saw her I would go the other way respecting her need for space. I've been hanging out with Avery who looks a lot like Kinsley. Though deep in my heart I still wanted Kinsley. I've been asking Avery for advice on how to win Kinsley over and so far I got nothing.

I want to make a grand gesture but nothing seems right.

"Jayce, I already told you that Kinsley will appreciate the small but carefully planned out gesture with sincerity. She doesn't care for a huge grand display," Avery reminded me.

"I guess. Okay fine, I'll do something small," I concluded.

"Good. Now since that's settled have you seen the video where Elizabeth went into a sugar rush. It was seriously hilarious. She showed me on her phone and next thing you know we were bursting out laughing.

"Is she vibrating?" I asked.

"Yup."

I looked up to the sky and finally noticed it was night time.

"Hey, we should probably go in it's already dark out."

"Yeah, we should," she agreed with me.

We went on our own way when we got inside and somehow I found myself in front of Kinsley's room. I tried knocking three times but got no response. I guess she was asleep.

I decided to go back outside and look at the stars. Tomorrow I will finally confront Kinsley.

_______________________________________________________________

Wasn't much of the chapter but there you go 😃