Chapter 29

Chapter 29:

Jayce's POV:

This war preparation has taken a toll on everybody. The one change I regret is Kinsley's sweet and innocent demeanor. The sparks in her eyes have dulled. It no longer has that luster, that was so contagious you couldn't help but feel hopeful.

Nowadays she ran around overlooking preparation, studying battle tactics, and training.

I walked into the war room where the gang has gathered along with Ms. Jocelyn.

"Okay, I know it's a little risky and we're diverging from the main water source but I think we should do a sneak attack through the northeast forest. It'll create a cover for us," Kinsley said.

"What about the old bunkers?" I asked.

"Yeah, they protected us from the asteroids. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to stand as our base. Besides, the majority of the bunkers fall in Keepers Territory," Mikey popped in.

"They do, but I'm pretty sure the Peacers would figure that out already and set up traps in there for us. My ex-husband does not care to play by the rules. If he needs to play dirty, he will, and without mercy too. We need to send someone into the Peacer's city without being noticed to get a feel of what is going and what they are planning."

"But who should we send?" Avery asked.

"My elite guards will be able to handle it. It's what they trained for," Ms. Jocelyn said picking up a phone and dialing a long number. "Yeah, gather them up. You have an important mission. Meet at the war room in exactly ten minutes for debriefing."

____________________________________________________________

I know it's short and I'm sorry but I've been so busy and still am but I wanted to get this in.

BTW: 🎈🎆🎂🎂🎂HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MIKEY!!!! 🎂🎂🎂🎆🎈