Chapter 25

Chapter 25:

Recap:

The universe isn't fair. Jayce and I finally are more than friends and now he might be around anymore.

"Hey there. What are you doing here at this time of day? You need to sleep. It's one in the morning."

I wiped my tears and looked up...

Kinsley's POV:

"You should talk. In case you haven't noticed you're also up and here at one in the morning," I pointed out to Ileana.

"I needed a quiet place to think. I'm worried about Luke," she said lines of stress evident on her face.

I felt so selfish then. Here I am pouting about my hardships and here's Ileana who's so far lost her cousin, seen one of her close friends get beat up continuously, and worrying about Luke who has no clue as to where she is.

"I know you see me as tough but I think I'm losing it Kins. I'm slowly going crazy," she said running her hand over her face.

She went over to me and sat on the chair beside me.

"I didn't tell you this but the day Mr. Nichols killed my cousin, he had a picture taken of her in the middle of cremation. That day, I don't care that he's your father, I swore I would get back to him. The reason why I haven't done anything yet is because you're one of my best friends and I wanted to tell you before I let loose on him," I stared at her shocked.

"That's awful! I agree with you that he should be stopped but I think there's a better way to make him pay for it," I looked over to Jayce's beat up face, "first off we need to get the team ready. We're not going to attack immediately. I want minimum casualty as possible."

"I want to go after him right now, but I know you're right. I'll back you up all the way. I just need to ask, though, if it comes to it how are you going to take down your father. I know you can never hold a gun to his head if you become trapped," she said being completely and brutally honest.

"I don't know," I sighed deeply, "but I know I have to learn."

I stood up and kissed Jayce's forehead and left the room thinking.

Can I really kill my dad if it comes to it?

UUGGHH!!! This is too much. What kind of world am I living in where daughters are forced kill their fathers.