Chapter 102- Elevated

Michael's POV

The room is entirely silent as Greg stares at the paper in his hand. The only sounds filling the air is my heart pounding out of my chest, as I stare at Greg's hands.

"Y-you mean...?" he breathes out looking over at me as I snatch the papers out of his hand quickly.

"No."

"No what? It looks like you want to--"

I close my eyes for a moment, before breathing out shakily.

"It was from ages ago, okay Greg?" I sigh, stuffing it in my pocket. "Before I fired her..."

"So you thought about it?"

"Of course I thought about it." I pause. "But I-I don't know if that's in our future now."

"Does she know, man?" he asks raising an eyebrow. "That you're that serious?"

"No, and I don't plan on her knowing. She doesn't need to know-- this relationship with us is already confusing. I don't need to confuse her anymore." I mutter running a hand through my hair.

It was already difficult to get her to trust me, or believe I am different.

"Tatiana and I--" I shake my head. "I don't even know if we are together or--"

"Fuck buddies?" Greg says bluntly, grabbing an apple from the fruit basket.

"We aren't--" I feel my cheeks heat up as he looks over at me his eyes widening.

"You ain't gettin' the 'p' yet?" he says his eyes large, as he takes a bite out the apple. "Damn...no wonder I haven't heard the walls thumping--"

He busts out laughing as I throw a wad of paper in his direction, as he quickly dodges it.

"It isn't about sex, Greg." I laugh, falling in my chair. My smile slowly fades as I grow serious. "It's love. I'm in love with her."

"Then tell her."

"I have, and you know--" I shrug. "She doesn't say it back. But I don't expect her too, unless she means it."

He nods slowly. "So you haven't asked her to be your girl, or nothin'?"

I shake my head as he puts his apple down on the counter.

"You have to." he stares me down. "Claim her ass, right now."

I snort, shaking my head. "It isn't that simple..."

"Cause you both ain't making it simple, dummy." he retorts. "If you want this and her...you tell her you want her. And you get her, reserve the 'p" and don't let her ass go again."

I bite my lip down as I struggle not to laugh at Greg's notions.

But he was right...I need to do this right this time.

"S-so you think I should?" I ask him as he nods quickly.

"Hell yes." he grins. "You know I've always dug you two together. So ask her, man."

He looks up at the clock. "And I gotta go-- I'll see you later, okay man? But think about it."

I nod as he slaps my hand into his signature handshake encouragingly, before I walk him to the door.

Before he walks down the hall, I call out;

"Greg!"

He turns around as I look at him sheepishly. "Can you not tell anyone about you know..."