Chapter 141 - Chained to reality

(A/N I picked this song for Paul's POV so you can listen if you want. I swear I used it already for a chapter but...)

Michael's POV

I swallow hard as I grip the doorknob for support. "Give me two seconds." I whisper raspily as I quickly shut the door. 

I rush back in grabbing my shoes as Tatiana looks up at me. "Where are you--" 

"I need you to lock the door. Every single lock. Don't leave the room." I tell her as she gets up. 

"What happened?"

"Call and make sure Winnie and Clifton are in their rooms. Please whatever you do, don't open this door unless it's me." 

"Michael--"

"I promise I'll be back. Just please lock the door." I stare at her for a split second before walking out.

"Ricky?!" I call out looking around. 

"O-over here!" Ricky calls out as I rush around the corner. My heart sinks as I see Ricky kneeling next to Greg who is wincing in pain, groaning. 

He was gripping his side painfully, a large gash on his head that was dripping with blood. "O-oh my god..." I whisper falling on my knees next to him. 

"W-what happened?" I stutter out. 

"I-I don't know man..I found him like this just a second ago." Ricky answers shakily. 

"Will ya'll stop stuttering like Ike Turner?" Greg hisses painfully his eyes closed shut in pain. "I-I'm fine."  

"You're not fine! You look like you got your ass beat by Ike, man!" Ricky gibbed nervously as Greg opened his eyes slightly, squinting at him. 

"I'm not no fucking, Tina. Even though she got some good legs." Greg chuckles hoarsely before hissing in pain again. "Shit." 

I look up at Ricky. 'Get Frank." 

He quickly gets up rushing down the hall as I look down at Greg, swallowing painfully. "T-this is all my fault." I whisper.

"How is this your fault?" he whispers painfully. "You don't even know what happened."

I shake my head. "I-I..."

"Michael, will you calm the hell down? I'm not dying." he groans. "If this is about the fight--" 

"I shouldn't have told you I would fire you." I shake my head. "You out of all people have been one of the greatest, and truest friends I have and--" 

"Mike--" he opens his eyes painfully. "I shouldn't have went off like I did. You were right--you have the right to tell your girl, when you are ready. I just--" he shifts against the wall groaning in pain as he stops moving. 

"I just forget that you have your own life, ya know? You're like my little brother and I always try to watch out for you and I tend to...well....boss ya around." he chuckles. "And I couldn't pay no 90 billion to get out of a fucking contract, are you nuts?"

I chuckle weakly as I run a hand across my mouth. "Not even for Prince?"

"First off--I couldn't leave you for Prince, man. He's gonna have me wearing heels and frills.." he tries to laugh as he hisses again painfully. "And he never asked me, I just wanted to piss you off. I just wish I could've taken it out on the fucker who bashed my head in." 

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows and before he can answer, Frank and several other guards rush down the hall towards us. 

"Mike!" Frank exclaims. "Are you alright?! What happened?!"

Greg rolls his his painfully. "Well I'm just great, Frank. Thanks for your concern." he growls as Frank looks down at him. 

"What the hell happened?"

"I walked into a wall." Greg mutters. 

"That's what Tina would say about Ike." Ricky mumbles as Greg snickers and then regrets it as he yelps out in pain.

"Call an ambulance and let's get him checked out." Franks says to someone urgently as they rush down the hall to a payphone. 

"Hey Mike?" Greg whispers painfully, taking my hand. "Will you do something for me?" he asks. 

"Anything. Do you need me to get Sheryl? Or maybe call your moth--" 

"Will you bring my bag of hot Cheetos to the hospital?" he whispers. 

Paul's POV

 He threw his body weight behind the fist that edged closer to my face, it hit my jaw with such force blood pooled into my mouth. Pain erupted from the point of impact. 

He drew his fist back again and it ploughed into my stomach, it was like hitting a train head on. My guts smashed together, blood vessels bursting, as I fall to the ground. If I had the strength I would've cried out in pain--but the greater part of my had to much pride to give them the satisfaction. 

I couldn't say how long I've been down here chained up--but I know it's been days. My wrists were now calloused from the chains that held me up, that would dig into my skin. I'm pretty sure my whole body was scarred, bruised or broken by now from Jack's guards constantly beating me. 

Sure, I would've tried to kick all their asses. 

But from days of receiving no food, and barely any water I could barely keep my eyes opened. 

"You could've been one of us you know." Joel, one of the henchmen, sneers. 

"He was remember?" another guard, by the name of Dan, smirks. "Wasn't until he left home to be with Jack's bitch, aka his mother." he chuckles getting in my face. I spit in his face, aiming directly at his cheek before he angrily socks me in the face, making me stumble, the only thing keeping me up were the chains. 

"You use to be the best of us." he hisses. "Now look at you. Fucking weak." 

"We were  fucking kids when he tried to recruit and train us to do his 'dirty work'. It's not my fault you were the little bitch who fell for it." I taunted boldly, only to be socked in the jaw again. 

My knees crumble, the only thing keeping me up were my arms bound. I breathe heavily as I look up at him, blood dripping down my head. "What is it, Dan? Can't think of a comeback except with a fist?" I provoke. 

Now I'm sure you all are thinking "Why the hell can't he just shut up so he won't get his ass beat?"

Well, I won't for a multitude of reasons. 

For one, my pride is too much. I was determined like hell to prove they wouldn't break me--even though quiet frankly, I'm sure they have broken a bone....or two. 

Two, I had to keep them down here and entertained. I was too afraid if I let up they'd go upstairs and probably take some turns on LaToya. I know LaToya more than likely had been beaten already, but I was more than willing to take the majority of them. It wasn't her fault I dragged her into this "great escape" plan and it failed. 

Three was for a pretty selfish reason. 

I was terrified to be alone with myself. Alone with my thoughts--and the aching silence that would speak the truth. 

I was afraid to be honest with the fact that Tatiana would never love me, and probably would never look at me the same for lying to her. I couldn't be honest with the fact her love wasn't meant for me...it was meant for someone else. 

And I'd rather be chained up like an animal and beaten, then be faced with that reality which was more painful than being knocked in the head.I'd rather focus on the physical pain than the emotional. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Whew. Another chapter! 

I had some time on my hands so I decided to drop one! 

Vote/Comment

xoxo

moonwalkergal