Chapter 132 - The Escape

Paul's POV

I peek out the curtains as I watch the guards outside. "Let's move." I mumble as I walk to the door quickly. Latoya gently grabs my arm gripping the arm of my jacket as she stares at me. 

"Paul, I'm scared." she softly her voice trembling softly. I stare at her as she looks down, before I gently put my hand over hers. 

"Do you trust me?" I ask softly as she looks up at me slowly, with just her eyes as she nods slowly. 

"I promise you--I'm not going to let anything happen to you." I stare in her eyes. "I know your trust in people right now have been fucked up, but I need you to put your trust in me." I murmur staring at her. "I'm not walking out that door without you."

She begins to smile slowly as I look down chuckling. 

"And uhm--I just wanted to thank you

"And uhm--I just wanted to thank you. For everything--like keeping me sane...I probably would have snapped without you." I smile as she gently squeezes my arm. 

"No...thank you." she whispers. "For being a good friend." 

I grin slowly before gently grabbing her hand. "Now let's get outta here.' I smile as we make our way out the bedroom door. 

The hallway was eerily quiet and completely dark as we quietly make our way down them, pressing our bodies against the walls. I've seen darkness before, the kind that makes our street like an old fashioned photograph, everything a shade of grey. This isn't like that. This is the darkness that robs you of your best sense and replaces it with a paralyzing fear. 

The fear of never being out of Jack's command. 

The fear of Latoya always being under Jack's deranged control.

And my biggest fear....

Never seeing Tatiana again. 

The thought of that made my heart pound even harder and louder than before.

We slowly walk down the steps as Latoya follows close behind me, careful not to make noise. Moving makes noise, it's bad enough I still have to breath. I gently grab Latoya's hand as she gently squeezes my hand, my body relaxing as we reach the bottom of the steps.

"Hey Holmes!" someone calls out from down the hall. LayToya and I immediately look at each other as I quickly pull her into the kitchen as we hide behind the kitchen counter in the dark as we hear voices right outside the door. 

"Man, what are you doing? You're supposed to be outside guarding the joint." 

"I'm hungry, Al. Anyway ain't no action happening anyway."

"Oh yeah? So what if Blondie and the dame decide to make a run for it? Huh?"

"You really think pretty boy, and that bim would make a break for it? In this place?!" he asks. "HA! They wouldn't have the guts."