Part 21

" Are we there yet?" Zari asked for the 7 millionth time when we finally landed in Arizona. I sighed and looked at her.

" Yes Zari. We're there." I told her, rubbing my eyes. I might have slept a little bit on the trip here. Boy, am I gonna get serious jet lag later. Looking at my blank Iphone screen, I fixed my hair and stood up, getting my small suitcase from the upper shelves. 

We walked off the plane and into the airport; I put my hood up to avoid recognision. I didn't want to be seen in the papers just yet. It'd just ruin the surprise! We got picked up by a cab and in less than 20 minutes, we were in our luxury hotel suite. Which, might I add, is TOTALLY AWESOME! 

" This is SO cool!" Zari smiled, jumping on my bed. I nodded, carrying her into the living room and settling down on the couch next to El. 

" So, what next?" I asked, scratching my head. El looked over at me and shrugged. I checked the time; 2:30pm. What are we gonna do for 4 hours til dinner? 

" We could go sight-seeing?" El suggested. I agreed and went to change. I changed into a white tank with the word 'Sarcasm' written on it, some black crepe shorts, a blue and black short-sleeved varsity jacket and some grey and teal Keds. 

" Let's go!" El exclaimed, all changed and carrying Zari, who was changed also. I got my bag and sunglasses before linking arms with Eleanor and walking out the door.

Once we had gotten out of the hotel, El suggested we go to a park about 3 minutes from here. So, We took a cab to South Mountain Park. 

" Woah. This is..." I was literally speechless.

" Beautiful.." El finished, walking further into the park and putting Zari down. It was lovely. The park had a sandy path leading down, fields of grass either side and a white pebble fountain in the middle of it. Behind it were some swings and slides for kids.

" LAST ONE TO THE SWINGS IS A ROTTEN EGG!" El blerted out and sprinted to the swings. Zari and I rushed to the swings and I sat down on one, but slipped and watched as Zari took my swing, laughing hysterically. 

We all burst out laughing and played and played til 4.

*****************************************************

" Ice Cream!" Zari and I screamed, pointing to the Ice Cream Van at the front of the park. We all ran to the van. Luckily, there was no queue today. 

" Hi, Can we have..." El stopped, looking over at me. I looked round at the board that indicated all the ice creams they had. The ice cream flavour: Ben & Jerry's Half Baked caught my eye. Under the title of this ice cream it read 'Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Creams with Fudge Brownies & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough'. 

" Ben & Jerry's Half Baked." I smiled. Eleanor looked at it and smiled.

" 3 Ben & Jerry Half Bakeds please." She told the Ice Cream Man. He got us the ice creams and El gave him the money. 

" Let's go back to the hotel. We have to get ready for dinner." Eleanor told us as we walked away. We got to the park entrance and began walking down the street to our hotel. Halfway down the street, I saw a huge group of girls screaming about 10 feet away from us. Then I saw them. Dad and Harry.  

I stopped and pulled Zari and Mum back, hanging my mouth wide.  "What?" She asked.

" Dad."