Part 30

*Alfie's POV*

Carlie looks stunning tonight. Her hair is so beautiful and long. I think I have a crush on her but I know she'd never like me back. Carlie sat opposite me at the table.

" Hey Alfie." She whispered across the table. I smiled at her and took a sip of Fanta from my cup.

" Hi. This is Poppy, my sister." I introduced her to my 10 year old annoying little sister. Poppy has brown straight hair with a short fringe on her forehead. Poppy reached over the table and shook her hand. Poppy and Carlie started to talk and laugh until they were chatting away.

I have to admit, I was a bit jealous of Poppy. Carlie was giggling and gossiping with my icky little sister and not me. I just ate my dinner like a loner and kept to myself.

" Well, we have to go. See you soon." Louis told us, standing up. Carlie waved at me and vanished through the door. On the car journey home, I kept quiet as Poppy ranted on about how amazing and awesome Carlie was and how Carlie is soo like her.

Once we got home, I sagged up to my room and slammed the door. Okay, now I'm super jealous. I flopped onto my bed and groaned into my duvet. Running a hand through my hair, I threw one of my pillows and heard it land on the dresser. 

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my window. No, It was more like something hard being thrown at my window. I looked over to see Carlie sitting on her window seat in her pajamas, wrapped up in her blanket. I ran over to my window seat and sat on it, smiling.

She waved cutely and smiled. She thought for a moment and ran off. She came back a minute later with a whiteboard and pen. I got what she meant and got mine from under my bed.

' Sorry I can't open my window. Dad will get angry..'

'That's Ok. My mum will get angry too."

" Why were you so angry?"

"Um. No reason..."

" Come on! It was obviously something. You threw a pillow."

" Well, I was kinda jealous of you and Poppy chatting tonight.."

" Aww! That's the first time someone's ever been jealous of me like that!"

" Haha."

Suddenly, Carlie ran to put her board down and turned around. Her mouth was moving and her head nodded. Her door closed and she frowned. Getting her board back, she sat back down at the window seat and wrote one last thing.

" Gtg. Dad told me to go to bed. Night. xx :)"

"Night xx"

The light in Carlie's room switched off and I wrote something else on my board.

" I love you xx..."

I put my board under my bed and changed into my pajamas, getting into bed. Poppy peeked her head through the door and smiled.

" Night Alfie."

"Night Poppy." I smiled, switching off my light and pulling myself under the covers.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna keep my word and protect Carlie from all the hurt and bullying she gets at school. She doesn't deserve it at all. She's such a nice sweet girl and I don't why people hate her. There's nothing wrong with her. With all she's been through, people should be sorry for her.