Chapter 1

-Jasmine's POV-

The high-pitched chirp of Mrs. Darnell's whistle fills the halls of the orphanage. It's the worst way to wake up, but I have to, every morning to that red noise maker that hangs from a rope around her neck.

"It's time for school! Get up everyone!" She yells while walking down the hallway.

Every morning Mrs.Darnell greets everyone in their room with a "good morning" except me.

"Jasmine, I see you haven't given up yet. Your such a fuck up. Why haven't you killed yourself already? It would just be one less person for me to take care of." She says and walks away.

I get out of bed and decide on a long sleeve SayWeCanFly shirt, maroon skinny jeans, and my black converses. My "wardrobe" consists of long sleeve band shirts and band hoodies, skinny jeans, all black converses, and black vans. These are the clothes I had before I was left here.

After I got dressed, I brushed my long brown hair and put it in a French braid. I don't wear makeup anymore because it always gets smeared when I cry (which is everyday).

I grabbed my backpack and walked to school. I wanted to get ahead of everybody so I could get to the back of the class before someone takes my seat. People here at school are fine with each other, except me. No one here likes me. I don't have a single friend. Everyone in school hates me, and I never knew why... Maybe because I was an easy target?

When I approach the school, I realize I'm not as early as I think. So today I'm going to have to go in through the side door. I take the long way around to avoid... Well... Everyone, and when I turn the corner I see that there are the main jocks, and their girlfriends.

I immediately turn around, but before I could take another step a voice says "Look who we have here, little Jasmine." I stop dead in my tracks at the sound of his voice.

"Get her!" Someone shouts. The consequences are only worse if I ran so I just wait for a hand to yank me back and smash me against the wall. They all beat me up a little while the girls stand there laughing and enjoying the view while calling me names.

"Slut"

"Fat"

"Worthless"

"Trash"

"Bitch"

"Fuck-up"

"Whore"

•••

When they decide to leave me alone, I'm so broken I don't know if I can walk. I manage to stand up but when I do I see stars, everything starts spinning and I don't remember anything after that. All I know is I woke up on the ground, in the same place, just in time to hear the bell for first period ring.

I run inside fast enough to run in the class room, take my seat, and act like nothing happened before the teacher started taking roll. Being invisible has some advantages, I have to say.

First, second, and third period went on as normal- getting pushed around and called names- just the usual... but when fourth period comes, I find out some news that makes my stomachs turn, my heart flutter, and my eyes water from happiness.

I was walking down the hallway when I heard some peeps talking. "Did you hear that 5 Seconds of Summer was coming here?"

"Yeah, I only like them because their hot and they have the one good song- She Looks So Perfect- but I bet I could win their hearts with my eyes!" She bats her eyelashes as if there was a branch in there she was trying to get out.

"They would like me better! I'm totally hotter!" Another says.

"Shut up, would you! They are coming to town and I bet I could buy us all backstage passes so we can get them to fuck us." The first one says.

I'm gonna rant for a second.

God, your only 13 years old! Would you take your head out of your ass, it's not a hat! (Pitch Perfect reference.). They aren't gonna bang you for multiple reasons: 1-you're  all stuck up bitches, 2-you aren't true fans, they will be able to see right through that, and 3- IT WOULD BE FUCKING ILLEGAL!!!! Your 13 and they are like 18, 19, and 20!!! Calm your tits!!!!! Rant over.

HOLY SHIT!!!!! 5SOS IS COMING HERE!!!! Not like I will ever be able to meet them but STILL!!!!!  What if I do see them? What if they see me? Whatever I need to focus on not getting killed during lunch.

•••

Guess what? I got a break! Everyone basically left me alone after lunch, other than the usual.

I was walking back to the orphanage because buses are just filled with people from the hell hole, so I plugged in my headphones and put my "Favorites" playlist on shuffle. The first song to come on was "Good Girls". This is one of my favorite 5SOS songs so I was slightly nodding my head to the beat while walking.

As soon as I walked in the door of the orphanage, I heard my name being called.

"Jasmine! Get the fuck in here!" Mrs. Darnell yelled. I could tell it was from the kitchen so I walked in there after running to put my school things in my room.

"Yes Mrs. Darnell?" I asked innocently.

She turned around to face me. "Get in here and cook dinner you worthless shit." She spat at me.

I looked at the list that always said what needs to be done for meals. The first thing was to peel the potatoes so that's what I did.

•••

"Get in here Jasmine!!!!" Mrs. Darnell yelled. I turned the stove down so the noodles won't burn and went into the hall to see what she wanted. "Well? Clean it up already!!!" She shouted at me before I even had enough time to look around.

I nodded and grabbed the broom and started to sweep up the broken vase, without questioning how it broke.

After it was cleaned up I went into the kitchen and ran to the stove to stir the noodles before they became over- cooked but it was too late. And before I could remake them without anyone knowing, Mrs. Darnell walked in.

Shit.

~•~•~

Hey guys! So first chapter down... Tell me how you like it!!!!