Chapter 5

-Ashton's POV-

"They smashed m-my head into a brick wall-l." She told me.

"Shit." I mumbled while running to the bus. "Stay awake, okay? You might have a concussion." I was trying not to scream or cry.

She just nodded and I brought her onto the bus.

"Is that- HOLY SHIT!" Calum yelled.

"Call 911!" I told them. I would have done it myself but I was holding Jasmine in my arms and I left my phone, here, on the bus.

Michael dialed and told them everything they needed to know while the rest of us kept Jasmine awake and put a towel to the gaping wound on her head.

Within minutes, the ambulance was here and they told us one of us could ride with her so I stepped up before anyone else could.

•••

We have been in the waiting room for an hour and it took all of me not to jump over that desk, and figure out where she was myself, because they wouldn't tell us.

I was interrupted by my thoughts when a doctor came in and said "Jasmine?"

Me and the guys jumped up and ran over to him.

"Is she okay?"

"Can we see her?"

"What happened?"

I stayed silent, waiting for the doctor to speak up.

"She'll be okay for now, she really needs someone. How do you boys know her?"

"We saw her get beaten up in a park and we went to help her. We talked for a while and this is the second time we've met her." I tell the doctor.

"Okay. Well, as her doctor, I'm not allowed to say much, but she has been here many times and she needs a friend or something. I don't know why her parents aren't here but maybe you guys can comfort her?" He asked.

He didn't know her situation. We didn't know her full situation. "Yeah. What room is she in?" Michael asked.

"25." The doctor told us.

We all ran down the hallway and burst into her room.

"You guys didn't leave?" She asked, averting her gaze to us.

We all glanced at each other confusingly.

"Of course not." I told her. Her head was all wrapped up and in the light, you could see all of the bruises and scrapes on her young face.

"Why are you still here?" She asked.

"Do you not want us to be?" Calum asked after a moment of silence.

"No! I want nothing more! I'm just..... Confused..." She said furrowing her eyebrows together.

"Why would we leave?" Luke asked, walking over to her.

"We love you." I reassured her, giving her a gentle hug. She started crying in my shoulder, so I pulled back thinking I hurt her but she pulled me back in.

"No one has said that to me in years." She said slowly and quietly

Damn.

When she finally calmed herself down, we stopped hugging.

I looked over at the boys who were all teary eyed, probably at her last comment.

"When can I leave? I hate hospitals." She asked.

"Um... I'll go ask." I said. I left the room and the doctor that we talked to earlier, was walking in my direction.

"Jasmine wanted to know when she can leave." I told him when he noticed me.

"She can leave as soon as she's ready, but I need to talk to her parents about how to take care of her before she can." He said. I nodded and went back into the room with a sigh.

"So?" Jasmine asked with hopeful eyes.

"He needs to talk to... The woman at the orphanage who's suppose to take care of you." I cringed at the thought of the day we saw Jasmine get beaten.

"Oh. Can you get ahold of her? I really want to get out of here..." She said.

"Yeah, sure. Who wants to go?" I asked they all just kind of shrugged and agreed. We were about to walk out when a small voice interrupted us.

"Wait! Can one of you guys stay?" She asked with puppy dog eyes.

"I'll stay." Michael said. She smiled in return and the rest of us left.

•••

We got to the orphanage and rang the bell.

"Hello! I'm Mrs. Darnell, how may I help you?" The same woman who beat Jasmine greeted us.

"We need you to come to the hospital to sign Jasmine out." I told her. Her smile disappeared when I said her name.

"What did that little prick do this time?" She said, more to herself.

"She almost got a concussion."

"Hahaha!" She laughed loudly.

"Excuse you!" Luke stepped up.

"Ugh. Fine I'm coming. I'll meet you there." She said, walking out the door.

We parted ways, going to our own cars. Back to Jasmine we go.

-Michael's POV-

"Thank you for staying." She told me.

"It's fine, love." I told her. She smiled at me and stared at the ceiling.

I wish she could stay with us forever. I wish I could be able to watch over her and protect her. She's so young and fragile. I wish I could take her home with me and- WAIT!

WHAT IF ME AND THE BOYS ADOPT HER?!?!?!

I smiled at me idea and decided to text the boys.

(A= ash M=Michael)

M- u on ur way yet

A- yeah the bitch is gonna meet us there

M- the same one who hit her

A- sadly

M- ugh anyway I got the best idea ever I will tell u about it when u get here

A- k we r pulling up now

M- k see ya in a sec

"The boys are here, I'm gonna meet them down there. We will be back in a second, okay?" I asked her.

She just nodded.

As I was walking to the guys, all I could think about was the possibility of adopting Jasmine.

"Hey. How's she doing?" I looked up to see The three boys and the bitch standing there.

"She's alright, she mostly stayed quiet." I told them.

"What was your idea?" Ashton asked.

"Tell ya later."

"Ah! Boys, miss." The doctor greeted. "Are you her guardian?" He asked referring to the bitch (I don't know her name).

"Yes, Grace Darnell." She shook his hand.

"Let's discuss everything." He said, leading us to his office.