Chapter 19

-Calum's POV-

Ashton told Jasmine the plans for today and I could see what he was talking about. Her eyes actually got brighter. I looked at him and he was smiling at her. I looked at her then back at him, silently asking him if that was what he was talking about. He nodded just enough to tell us she was smiling for real.

We all smiled and sat there for a second before the waiter came and gave us our food. We were all talking about random things.

I looked at Jasmine and watched her smile to herself for a moment. I smiled at the sight of it, but my smile vanished after a moment.

She was staring off into space before her smile turned to a frown. She froze on the spot and you could literally watch her eyes go dull. She sat there for a moment and Michael noticed too, because he stopped talking to Ashton and watched her. The other two caught on and watched her as well.

She wasn't moving. She just sat there. Not saying a word. Suddenly, a tear fell down her cheek. You'd expect her to wipe it away or at least look down, but she didn't.

She looked frozen.

The boys and I sent worried glances to each other, but before we had a chance to do anything, the tears fell out of her eyes like waterfalls. Just the sight made me want to break down.

"J-Jasmine?" I said, grabbing her attention. She blinked her eyes and shook out of her daze. She dropped her fork and brought her hands to her eyes.

"I'm sorry..." She mumbled. Since I was right beside her, I pulled her in for a hug.

"Shh, it's not your fault. Do you wanna go back to the hotel?" I asked her.

She nodded into my shoulder. I picked her up and mouthed to the boys that I'm taking her to the car so she doesn't have to be in front of all these people. We never told the fans that we were coming here so they have no idea that we are here, meaning there isn't a crowd outside.

I sat her down in the very back seat and put on her seatbelt. I sat myself down right beside her and let her cry into my shoulder again. "What happened in there?" I quietly asked her.

"She left me one all morning but as soon as I was really happy she came and started talking. She was stronger. Like, more persuading and she took over almost all of my thoughts. Most of the time I can just carry on like normal, but something was different. I couldn't move. I don't know if it was just my nerves or if she did it-" she was cut off by her own sob.

"Shh... It will be okay. We'll get through this." I whispered in her ear.

The other boys got in the car. They were all looking at us worriedly. I just barley shook my head "no" so they know not to say anything about it right now.

The car ride consisted of silence and a sleeping Jasmine cuddled into my side. No one spoke in fear of waking her up.

When we got home, I carried Jasmine up to the room and layed her down on the bed. I walked back into the living room and sat down with my head in my hands, thinking about what she told me.

"Cal, what did she say?" Michael warily asked.

"She said that as soon as she was in a good mood, that damn voice came and ruined it. She said it was stronger, it practically took over her thoughts. She doesn't know if she couldn't move because of her nerves or the voice." I explained.

I looked up at everyone, but my eyes stopped on Luke. His face was pale and he looked like he might cry. "Woah, Luke, you okay?" Ashton asked. I guess he saw the same thing I did.

He looked up at us and gave an unreadable expression. "We need to help her, fast." Was all he said.

Me, Ashton, and Michael all looked at each other before I spoke up. "What do you mean 'fast'? I mean, yeah we need to help her, but why do you look like you just watched someone murder someone?"

"I had to go to a group therapy thing, and there was a few people who were like her. When the voice would talk, they couldn't move. They said it started off where they were so scared that they didn't try, but eventually when they did try, they couldn't. And the voice took over their brain, literally. Like, one person was so bad that when the voice talks, they collapse. They just fall to the ground and they can move until the voice stops." He explained.

"We won't let her get like that. I will not let that happen." Ashton said, suddenly angry.

"Ashton, take a deep breath. We won't let it happen. I can promise you that. Let's just wake up Jasmine, call the lads, and go to the recording session." Michael said soothingly.

He nodded and went to wake up Jasmine.