Chapter 11

-Michael's POV-

Jasmine and Luke beat me, Ashton, and Calum at COD. How???

"Ha! We won!" She yelled. Luke raised his hand for her to high-five.

She gladly accepted but when their hands met, her sleeve fell down a little, and I saw something I never wanted to see.

There were cuts. A lot of them. Some old, some new. I could feel the tears rush to my eyes and normally I would blink them away, but I froze.

I watched her put her hand in her lap. She looked down and noticed her sleeve fell, and her face went pale, her eyes wide.

She looked at each of the boys and they were all occupied, but then her eyes landed on me. I swear that with the look on her face, you would of thought that she saw a demon unicorn.

She abruptly stood up, before the others could see her cry.

Why would someone so perfect want to hurt themselves? Was it because of us? What happened in her past? How long has she been doing this? Has-

My thoughts were interrupted by Ashton. "Michael!" He snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"S-sorry, what?" I said.

"I asked if you knew what that was about." He said.

"No." I panicked. Should I tell them? I think I want to talk to her first.

"I'm gonna go check on her." Calum said.

"No. I'll go." I stood up and went before anyone could question me.

I went back to her 'room' and I heard a heartbreaking sob.

"Jasmine?" My voice cracked.

-Jasmines POV-

"Jasmine?" Michael's voice cracked. Now I've gone and upset him. He probably hates me.

"Hmm?" I hummed, wiping the tears off my face

Michael walked in and came over to me. I flinched, thinking he might hit me, but he wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back and sobbed into his chest while he cried into my shoulder.

"Why?" He whispered.

I took a deep breath. "Maybe I should tell you about my past." I told him.

He pulled away. "Do you want to just tell one or all of us?" He asked with sympathetic eyes.

"I guess I should probably tell all of you. It's not fair to the others." I replied.

"It's amazing how you still put others before yourself. Your going to tell all of us the hardest moments of your life, because you would feel bad if only one of us knew." He hugged me again.

"Let's go." I said. I wiped his tears, then my own. They will probably be very worried because you can tell we've both been crying.

He nodded and grabbed my hand to help me up.

We walked into the main area and everyone looked at us.

"What's going on?" Luke asked. He looked like he was going to cry just from the sight of us.

"I think it's time I tell you guys about my past." I sniffled.

"Um, alright..." Ashton said.

I looked at Michael and he nodded. I went and sat down and started talking.

"When I was too little too remember much, we moved far away from home. I had to leave my home, my school, my best friend. I had to start a new life. Everything was good, though. I made friends, and I was the 'cool kid'. I had the best couple years of my life. Until second grade. My dad moved out. My "friends" left me, but the ones that didn't leave, bullied me. Emotionally, verbally, and a little physically. We had to move out of the house I was living in because my mom couldn't afford it. I had one friend at school who I told everything. She listened and didn't complain when I broke down. But after we got really close, she had to get home schooled and she never told me why. I think it's because she wanted to get away from me. I had no one.

At home, we had to keep moving because my mom couldn't keep one place. I would see my dad every other weekend. Until he went to court because he wanted to see us more. The court gave him half the custody of us, so we were at his house more. It was probably for the better because I noticed my mom did drugs. She would be high for days at a time and 11 year old me would have to cook for my brother and sister. After a while, my dad got full custody of us because we were living at my grandmothers, and had moved 7 times in 1 year. I lost all of my friends and started to get bullied by the whole school. It became less verbal and more physical. I was hospitalized a couple times for it. Then, my dad started to ignore me. He didn't cook enough food for all of us because he said I needed to lose weight. So I eventually just stopped eating. I had to go to the hospital once for that. He stopped talking to me at all. He didn't do anything for me. It was as if I was living on my own, just with other people and it was paid for." I paused. I need to tell them. I really don't want to, but I have to. "I.... I started self harming." I let a tear roll down my cheek. "My dad found me passed out in my room one time. I had cut too deep. He took me to the hospital because he didn't want to be blamed for my death. He didn't even stay there. He just dropped me off and went on with his life. When I got out of the hospital, he made me walk home. It took me 3 hours because we lived so far away. He told me that everything was my fault that night. He screamed and yelled. He said he wanted to get his mind off of meso he took my brother and sister and drove off.

An hour later, police officers came. They-" I paused trying to choke back tears . I haven't looked at the guys the whole time. I only stared at the ground. "They told me that my dad had gotten into a car crash. They died. I never saw them again. They brought me to the orphanage and I've been there for a couple years. I never stopped getting beaten up everyday. I never got any friends. I never got anyone to talk to. I never stopped self harming. I have depression, anxiety, and anorexia." I mumbled the last part. I thought about my goal of 100 pounds. I wonder if I will ever get there.

I opened my eyes that I had shut a little while ago. I looked up at the guys. They were all crying. Michael pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him and silently cried into his chest. I pulled away and tried to calm my breathing. Calum came over and hugged me. Then Luke. Then Ashton.

Ashton hugged me the longest. "Let me see." He whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Show me your wrist." He said.

I pulled away with wide eyes. "Why?"

"I want to see how many times you needed someone, and I wasn't there."

"It's not your fault. You didn't even know me." I told him.

"I still want to see." He said with pleading eyes.

I held out my arm and looked away.