Chapter 43

-Jasmines POV-

Andy and I talked for a while after that, before he suggested that everyone took a seat and we went around the circle and introduced ourselves.

"Okay I'll start." Andy said. "I'm Andy Biersack, lead singer of Black Veil Brides." He said a little more about himself before the person on the other side of him continued.

They went all the way around the circle and I couldn't focus, because of the speech I was internally preparing myself for.

"Hi. I'm Calum Hood. I sing and play bass in the band 5 Seconds of Summer. I like spending time with my band, my boyfriend Luke, and my daughter Jasmine." He said and sat down.

Luke stood next. "Hey. I'm Luke Hemings. I sing and play guitar and in 5 Seconds of Summer. I love my family more than anything in the world. That includes these 4 idiots I agreed to starting a band with, and Jasmine. Some of my favorite things to do are cuddle with Jasmine and Calum, play FIFA or COD, and play music."

"I'm Michael. Singer and guitarist in 5 Seconds of Summer. I ship Calum and Luke together. Their ship name is Cake and their my OTP."

"Stop stealing my lines!" I exclaimed.

Everyone laughed at us.

"Anyways, I love eating pizza while hanging with my band family and I love when we have days where we all just chill and talk. Not to mention, watching Jasmine beat Niall in Call of Duty happens on our lazy day's and it's funny to watch him lose, considering he's the champion at that game. Not anymore!" He laughed.

"Hey! I'm Ashton Irwin. I play drums and sing in the band 5SOS. I love playing at concerts and hanging with my family. The best decision I ever made was adopting Jasmine, and I'm so glad I did." He sat down.

Here we go.

I stood up. "Hi. I'm Jasmine Irwin and I have a bit of a story to tell you today." I said as I glanced at Ashton who's face showed confusion. "There was a time in my life when I thought nothing was going to get better. I lived with my dad, brother, and sister. My dad refused to do anything for me after he decided then it was my fault my mom left. At school I got bullied, I didn't have any friends. All I had was music." I paused.
"I'll never forget the night that my dad left with my siblings. Hours later, a knock was at the door. It was the police who delivered the news that changed my life forever. My family died in a car crash. Later that week, I found myself in an orphanage, trying to find any last scrap of happiness I could find in my life as I listened to the head of the orphanage telling me how I'm only good for doing the work there. After a few months, things got worse. I got beat at school, then went to the orphanage and got beat there. I ended up taking it out on myself, something I'll regret for the rest of my life. A few years later, I was at the park I fled to almost everyday, but this day was different. My bullies found me there and beat me until I couldn't stand. I called for help with every last ounce of energy. This sounds pretty bad, but it was only the beginning of my new life. That night, the boys from my favorite band came out of the mysterious bus that was parked. They helped me up, took me into their bus, and brought me home. I'll never forget how I opened the door and was thrown against the wall, by the head of that awful place, and was beaten while the door was wide open for the boys to see. The next day, my bullies beat my head into a brick wall. Dad, Michael, Calum, and Luke, were nice enough to take me to the hospital after Dad found me crying on a park bench. A few days later, they adopted me. I didn't think it would last long, but it did. I ended up telling them about my self harm problem that I had been dealing with for years, I told them everything. I expected them to take me back to the orphanage, but they didn't." I said and let a tear roll down my cheek. "They hugged me and told me everything would be okay, that they loved me and they promised to help me get better. These guys over here have seen me at my worst, at my best, and every that exists in between. They always find ways remind me that they love me. Sometimes it's by the small things, like smiling at me during a concert, or holding my hand when we go somewhere. Sometimes it's big things, like talking me through a panic attack, or making sure I don't skip meals. They even saved me from getting raped, once. Nothing can ever compare to the things they've done for me." I took off my bracelets and grabbed my old book out of the bag. "This book is full of depressing quotes and poems that I wrote. Any time I would feel bad I would write, then cut myself. But I promise you today, that I wont be needing this book anymore. My old life is over." I threw the book into the fire. "These boys are my new cure. I don't need anything else. I don't need a razor. I don't need a scale to see how many more pounds I need to lose until I'm at my ridiculous weight goal of 100. I know they are there for me and that's all I need. My life is perfect right now. I couldn't ask for anything more than what they've done for me. They've given me everything I've ever wanted, and I couldn't ask for more. They've done a damn fine job at keeping their promise, don't you think?

There's one thing they have given me, that stands out more than the rest. They've given me a chance. A chance at a new family. I chance to make friends. A chance to live my life to the fullest. I'm not going to pass up that opportunity. This is the new me. I know I'm going to be okay, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually, I will be okay, as long as I have these boys with me. The butterflies will live forever." I said and held my wrist in the air.

Everyone clapped and cheered. I turned around to see all of the boys in tears. I hopped over to Dad and hugged him, then the other boys.

Many tears were shed before I made my way back to Dad.

"I want a tattoo." I stated.

"Of what?" He asked.

I held up my wrist. "These." I said and pointed to the butterflies and signatures. "The butterflies will live forever." I repeated.

He smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen and hugged me once again.