Chapter 38

-Ashton's POV-

I lifted Jasmines body enough for Calum to slip her shorts the rest of the way up. She winces, but doesn't say anything.

"Don't worry, Jasmine. I got you. I won't let anything happen to you." I assured her.

I'm not mad at Alex or Vic. They did the best they could and I get that. I think they're a little scared, though.

You could hear the paramedics rush into the room as Jasmines eyes filled with panic.

"You'll be okay." I said.

They carefully placed her on the stretcher and took her away while I followed.

"What happened?" A nurse asked.

"She was attacked by fans. They beat her up." I answered.

"Are you related to her?"

"I'm her dad." I said proudly.

She nodded. "Meet us at the hospital?" She asked.

"I can't ride in the ambulance?"

"No. She needs space." She stated.

"Please be really careful with her. She has anxiety and she wants me there with her." I said, sadly.

"Of course." She replied.

I nodded and went to the limo that the guys were in. We all sat in silence as we were driven to the hospital.

When we arrived, I was out of the car before it was completely stopped.

I ran into the lobby and straight to the front desk. "What room is Jasmine Irwin in?"

"145." The woman replied.

We all speed walked down the corridor and burst into her room.

I dropped to my knees at Jasmines side and took her hand, ignoring the doctor that stood on the other side of the room.

The room was really big for a hospital room, but we're a big crowd for 1 patient.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

She nodded.

"What happened?" I asked the doctor.

"Her leg is broken. It had to have been hit with something. We just have to give her a cast and then you guys can go home." She explained.

I nodded and Jasmine sighed in relief as the doctor immediately left to get a pair of crutches and a cast.

"We're really sorry."Vic said and Alex nodded in agreement.

"It's okay guys. It's not your fault. We would have been fine if it wasn't for that group of fans." She sighed.

"What group of fans?" I asked.

"It was one group of fans that pulled Jasmine off of Vic and kept Vic away from her. I wouldn't be surprised if the people that pulled me away were from the same group." Alex explained. "It was really fucked up. You could see them planning on what they were gonna do."

"Why the hell would they do something like that?" Niall said to himself.

The nurse walked in with crutches and one of those black casts that have all of the straps around it. She undid the straps and carefully slid it on.

Jasmine whimpered and squeezed my hand tightly. I pursed my lips so I wouldn't sob at the sight of my baby in pain, and rubbed my thumb over her knuckles.

When the nurse finished she handed me the crutches and told us that we're free to leave when we are ready.

"I'll call for guards." Michael said.

"I'm gonna carry you, okay?" I asked.

She nodded and we waited in silence.

Normally, we would have to change her out of the hospital gown, but they were nice enough not to make her wear one.

"Okay. They have everything in control outside." Michael told us.

I nodded and stood up. I handed her crutches to Zayn, who stood right beside us, and picked her up like a baby. Our front sides were facing each other and I had my hands connected under her thighs. She buried her head in the crook of my neck as we walked outside. The paparazzi kept asking questions about what happened. The fans that were there were true fans. They were saying things like "Poor thing." And "Get well soon!"

I gently placed Jasmine inside the limo, and we sat beside each other.

Everyone sat down and we rode in silence as Jasmine keeps poking a bruise on her face, and wincing every time she did. (AN: Am I the only one who does this?)

I laughed at her and she pouted at me, making me laugh harder.

"What are you laughing at?" Niall asked.

"She's poking her bruise and wincing when it hurts." I laughed.

She pouted harder and turned towards Liam was on the other side of her.

"Aw. Is Ashton being mean?" He asked her like she's a baby.

She stuck out her bottom lip and nodded. "I want a new daddy!" She fake cried.

I laughed harder.

"Daddy Liam saves the day!" He hugged her. (Not in a weird way. She's only 13)

She pulled away. "I was thinking more like Daddy Luke and Momma Calum!" She smirked and jumped to the other side of the limo on Calum and Luke's lap, while being careful of her leg.

We all busted out laughing.

"We're here." The driver said.

We waited for the guards and talked a little.

"I'll carry Jasmine!" Michael said.

"Daddy Michael!" She cheered.

We laughed and got out of the limo. I stood behind Michael and Jasmine while she buried her head in his neck to attempt to block out all of the flashes from cameras. Reporters and fans were screaming out questions about what happened.

"Oh my God! Is she okay?" One fan said as she approached us.

I nodded at her and kept walking.

"There's pictures all over the place of her getting beat! There is one where a fan is beating her leg with a rock!" The same fan said.

I nodded and kept walking.

We got inside and rode the elevator in silence. I made a mental note to check Twitter when things calm down in the room.