Chapter 1

⚠️ EDITED⚠️

Hell Bound

Living in Washington is the absolute worst. It rains and it's cold all the time. Sometimes I really don't know what I'm still doing here. I could be in Florida with my dad but I'm here in Washington with my step dad and my mom.

Damn why did he have to live so far. I had to start school again. Today wasn't the first day I moved here. I came at the end of the year in May. Didn't make as many friends as I wanted too, but I did meet some friends. It was a start. We hung out all summer and they're pretty cool.

"Cassandra get the fuck up for school. How many times do I need to come to wake you up. Let's get up now. I gotta get to work." my mom screamed from downstairs taking me out of my train of thought.

I went to the bathroom and got ready for school. I gotta say, my step dads house is big as fuck. And he lives by himself with his dog that's barely in the house. I already have my own room and when I think about it, my dad would never do something like this for my mom. Good points for step dad. He's doing good.

I put on my pink shirt from Victoria secret and my high wasted jeans. I don't think my mom would approve. They made my curves I already have 10x more noticeable. I didnt bring my bag yet because it was the first day of school.

I ran down the stairs to see my mom and my stepdad waiting for me at the breakfast table. I was expecting them to start off a whole conversation but they just looked at me. My shoes were by the door and I slipped on my white vans. I unlocked the door and twisted the doorknob before I hear my stepdad yell wait.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Your mother and I have to tell you something."

"Yes?" I asked again. I was starting to get a little annoyed. He wasn't getting to the point.

"We were uh, gonna tell you this later but uh, we're going to get married."

I was shocked to here this answer. Honestly I'm not ready to move on right now. Yeah my dad was a complete ass hole to my mom but he's still my dad.

"Well congratulations! I gotta get to school now." I said awkwardly trying to get out of the conversation. Maybe it's for the best.

I open the front door and shut it quietly behind me. I almost forgot the way to school but I eventually found the way there.  The friends I made from last year were waiting for me outside of the school.

"Hey lady bug." Jen said.

"The fuck? This is the first day of school and that's the first thing you say to her?" Hunter said.

"So what am I supposed to say? Happy first day of school?" She argued back

"Actually yeah." Hunter said with pride.

"Fine. Happy first day of school Cass."

"Hey guys?" I said.

We walked to the front doors and went inside. We had to find our home room which was on the 3rd damn floor. I am not trying to walk up all these flights for a dumb class.

"This is bull. Hunter gets to stay on the first floor while we have to suffer and walk up all these stairs. I'm not the one to complain but this is really ridiculous." She whined.

"You are the one to complain." Hunter said under his breath

"What did you say?" Jen said as if she were going to do something.