Chapter 6

⚠️ Edited ⚠️

Maybe I'm better off on my own

Drew's POV

"Do you know Jennifer Steinfeld?" my dad said. He should've told me earlier about Cassandra. Now that I know I have a big ass family. I've never been so frustrated over my family like this ever. And the thing is that I was starting to really like her. But we're now going to have to be brother and sisters now. And that's gross.

"Oh no." She said. Why didn't anyone tell her. And Jennifer is my half sister but I didn't want anyone to know because she was weird and she would probably ruin my reputation. But I'm gonna explain everything when she comes home. This wasn't the first time where I had to explain why I avoid her during school.

Cassandra looked at me and I was so ashamed I couldn't look her in the eye. Why was I so nervous to be around her? I've never been like this over a girl. Maybe because she's different.

"Well she's your sister too." My dad said. Way to break it to her. I went to go tap on Cass's shoulder but her eyes didn't have the light as they did before. In about 3 seconds she turned around and brushed past me like I wasn't there. I felt bad for her but I don't understand why she is so mad for. I mean it's just her family she acted like she's getting put up for adoption. Like first of all this wouldn't have been a problem if my parents didn't get a divorce in the first place. I think it was because of financial problems but I never had the balls to ask. My family has always been dysfunctional ever since. Let me tell you about my life. Like I said before my parents got a divorce when I was about 6 years old. My mom just left our family. So I was with my dad for a while with my older brother Caden. It's rough when a 6 year old has to go into depression. Then a couple years later, I think I was in 7th grade when my dad had met this woman who's name was Kennedy. Of course I had another sister who was the same age as me. And this is where Jen comes in. Of course we had to communicate but she was the one who didn't want to be my friend first. Then I just started ignoring her. But about her mom and my dad. Jennifer's mom cheated on my dad and then they went their separate ways. Then me and my brother was with my dad for a while. When I turned 15 or 14 I remember getting the call that my mom was in the hospital and she was dying from cancer. I remember no one would take me there because no one believed me. Then I remember me hitchhiking a ride there and getting there too late. I remember getting carried out of the hospital because I cried myself to sleep. A lot of stuff happened just these couple of years. And if Cassandra's mad about this, I can't see why. At least she has family when I barely have any right now. I feel like I have myself. But I have a lot of hope for my dad. Now he's found Cassandra's mom. I really hope things can work out between them.

But now I really have to go find Cassandra before something bad happens.

Cassandra's POV

Are you freaking serious. You wait until I make all these friends and then you tell me that they're my family members?! I honestly couldn't. This was way too much stress with everything happening in school. I mean forget the whole thing about leaving school early without permission. Jen is kind of my sister. What the hell. How come she didn't tell me. And Drew. We could've been friends and maybe even more than that but now that's going to be a problem. I am just disgusted with everyone right now. The only person I can really run off to is Hunter. Unless if somehow he is my brother too.

I don't even know where I'm going right now. I just needed to get away from that house. I found myself walking down a street with unfamiliar cars and houses like I were to know something. I just moved around here and now I just want to live by myself. I kept walking down the street. And then I see someone very familiar but I'm not very happy to see right now.