Chapter 40

Guys I am like super sad that the book has come to an end, but please take a look and admire this hottie up here ^^^ ^^.

Love Is No Joke

Drew's POV

"You know no one has ever talked to me like that. Ever in my life. Not even my abusive dad. Not my mom who was a drunk and who didn't care for my existence. I didn't like my didn't like being treated that way nor do I like being talked to that way." He said pulling a gun out and pointing it at Cassandra.

Okay this was the point where I couldn't hold back anymore. I heard a gunshot go off. I don't know if it hit anyone but he still aimed it at Cassandra so I still have a way to fight him.

I got out of the car and made my way over to him. A gunshot went off but I don't know if it hit anybody. I stood in front of the asshole who messed up everyone's lives. He pointed the gun at me. Any other day I would've panicked but right now my adrenal glands were doing their job well because my adrenaline was pumping throughout every limb in my body.

"Isn't it the little boyfriend who is a psycho fuck up who's parents sent him away because they knew he was crazy at the age of 8. Who's older brother is a screw up and who's parents cheat on each other with porn stars all the time." He said smirking at me.

I knew what he said all wasn't true but the majority of it was. The part that involved me was all true and it wasn't a bright story.

-Flashback-

I was about 8 years old. Curious about life and didn't know about my  problem. My parents knew but I didn't. I was in my room playing on my game cube with Caden. We were playing the legend of Zelda and we were arguing whether if  Zelda was a girl or not.

"Zelda is a boy you dumb ass." My brother said. Caden honestly thought he was the shit because he was 14.

"No Zelda is a girl and you know it. You're just mad because you lost an argument to an 8 year old."

"A crazy 8 year old." He mumbled under his breath. Because I was 8, I thought he just said it as a joke so I shoved him in his arm.

"Don't fucking hit me you ass. Mom and Dad are going to send you away because you're crazy."

I froze.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked Caden on the edge of crying.

"Listen." He said facing me completely as he hit pause on the video game that we were playing a few seconds ago.

"You know how when mom and dad say your 'special or different'?"

I nodded my head yes. They always made sure I knew before they dropped me off at my elementary school.

"Well, being special, they told me that you have these things called anger issues or something. They said it happened when Nana died and that you weren't the same."

"Caden?!" My mom called from downstairs.

"Yes?!" He yelled back.

No answer.

"I don't know why she acts like she doesn't hear me when I know she does. Watch it be over the dumbest shit ever too." He said sighing looking at the door.

"Alright we'll finish this conversation later."

I nodded in response.

He looked at me before going downstairs to see what my mom wanted. What Caden told my 8 year old self hit me hard. Imagine being in the 3rd grade being told that you won't see any of your family members until you're in 4th or 5th grade.