Chapter 32

Double Standards Really Suck

Drew's POV

"Drew you better wake up." I heard someone say. My eyes weren't even all the way opened yet. Trying to open them was impossible anyways. There was a bright light shining right in my face. If I had a concussion, I would beg them to turn the light off.

Instead of opening my eyes right then, I pushed myself up in the bed then I opened my eyes. Everything was blurry at first but my eyes went into focus. The person who said that I was up was smiling as if I were the best present for Christmas.

"Oh thank goodness your up! If you wouldn't have woken up in the next hour, it probably would've cost my career." She said while putting her head down.

"Anyways, it's a miracle that you have awoken so early though. That crazy friend of yours did put a gorilla tranquilizer in your arm. I mean who does that?" She said continuing to walk to the machine that tracks down your heart beat.

"What are you even talking about?" I said. I honestly can't remember anything. The last thing I remember was being with Cassandra. OH MY GOD CASSANDRA!

"Where is she?!" I screamed out.

The nurse looked at me as if I had 7 other heads.

"Where is who? The girl you came in with?" She asked tilting her head like a dog.

"Yeah her name is Cassandra and she's my girlfriend." I said. I really just wanted to know where she was. I just needed to know if she was okay.

"The black girl?" She asked. I will not have another hospital incident.

"Yes the black one. If you have a problem please keep it to yourself because no one is really trying to hear that. And to be honest, I don't give a fuck about what you say either. Cassandra is way to close for me to listen to someone-"

"Oh honey I don't have a problem with that! I am all down for the swirl life. I'm part of it too. My husband is Mr. Tall, dark and handsome with the most bomb dic- oh sorry I can get carried away sometimes." She said rubbing the back of her neck.

This nurse was like the best ever! Even though she's old enough to be someone's mom but still.

"Can I go an see her?" I asked her. I really wanted to see Cassandra at least once to see if she were mad at me still. She probably is.

"Oh about her. She uh she didn't wake up yet. She also is responding slow to all of the medications we're giving her so Cassandra's in a coma right now." She said. You can tell that she was uneasy saying it.

I honestly didn't know what to say or do. People can die from being in a coma. What if she's in there for three years. What if she wakes up with amnesia? What if she forgets about me? I mean I bet it'll be for the better.

I suddenly got goosebumps from thinking about her. I raised my right hand and reached for my left arm. I came across a large lump with a bandaid. Like when you get your flu shot at the doctors.

But as soon as my finger grazed the bump, all the memories came back. I wanted to get revenge on Jen. She ruins everything!

"Can I go take a walk somewhere?" I asked the nurse. I was being serious too. I needed to go somewhere because I was getting angry about the things that were being done by Jen. Starting from school.

"Yeah sure! You just have to come back in 30 minutes or so. If you need anything just press the button on this." She said handing me a white, ugly, life alert looking bracelet.