Ch. 4

"Help me!" Michael looked at me, the policeman looked at me and I was holding his hand so tightly.

"Please help me! Those people kidnapped me... they're holding me against my will!" I was explaining to the policemen as tears were falling down my eyes like rivers, causing the people around to look at me and whisper things like I was some kind of crazy ass woman. My voice was shaky, body trembling, palms were sweating and my heart was beating so fast in my chest that I got the feeling it was going to explode. Fear took over me entirely for doing this, knowing Michael's bad temper, but at least I was going to be safe, now that the police was here. "This man is a gangster!" I turned around, not letting go of the policeman's hand and pointing at Michael like a child but when I looked into his eyes I got a disturbing feeling...

I felt such a tremendous uneasiness inside my guts like something very bad was about to happen... as if the world was about to end today! But I didn't need to worry about that since the police was here... and after all, I was in a shock from everything that's happened to me so it was normal to feel this way, right?

"He's a criminal!" Michael and his men were just standing there quietly and calmly while I was accusing them of such terrible crimes which made me wonder why won't they say anything?

Michael's eyes looked very strange - calm and angry at the same time... I tried looking away from those eyes but couldn't for I felt trapped in the deep, dark brown... This man was piercing right into my soul, as if he was reading my mind and knew my every move that I was about to make, and there was nothing I could do to hide from him.

"Please you gotta help me! I-" but then one of the policeman cut me off, saying

"Michael, what did you do this time, man?" WHAT THE... Why did he know Michael's name? I looked at Michael and his eyes said 'you're in big trouble'.

"I got a new girlfriend obviously... " I felt his eyes on me "and she's.... very emotional as you can see." he sarcastically replied, the policemen and Michael's people laughed but Michael... he didn't.

"Well, what happened to the old one... what was her name... Esmeralda?"

"You don't wanna know." Michael replied.

I've heard this name before! So she was his girlfriend? Well, where was she now? However, this was no time to think about her... my situation was very bad right now because Michael knew those policemen but how?

"C'mon Mike... you know I've always liked her!" the policeman begun "Can't you at least tell me where she is since you won't be needing her anymore.." he winked "know what I mean, man?"

"She's six feet under." suddenly their laughter stopped.

Oh Lord... he must have killed her...

"Well ahm..." the policemen cleared his throat and I just stood there not knowing what to do or say. I only knew I was doomed. "Did you like the weapons Michael?"