Ch. 8

"So now you've become good, boss? How bout we change your name to saint Michael?" he giggled at his suggestion.
"Shut up." I ignored his stupid humor.

At least someone was having fun.

"I'm ready.." her father came with a small bag in his hand.
"Let's go." I motioned him to follow me. He locked the house and we got in the car.

I took him to one of the best rehabs in LA. I just hoped he was serious about it and really wanted to cure his addiction, because I knew that if the addict didn't want it, no one could help them, even if God himself appeared in front of them.

I knew because I've struggled with the same problem, but no one was to find out, especially YN.

I escorted him inside to the doctors to make sure he wouldn't escape. That alcohol had gotten his mind completely blurred and only God knew what he was capable of doing in this state.

Although I had to admit, he did look motivated. I think he really wanted to stop drinking alcohol and I also believed he loves YN very much, but did what he did because his addiction was controlling him.

After I explained the doctors what the situation was, I made my way to the door to leave because I had other things to do, as well.

"Michael.." he stopped me.
"What?" I turned around to look at him.
"I ah.. just wanted to say thanks and... please take care of YN." memories of me and her came back to haunt me when he said her name... I had to better stop thinking about her right now or I was going to get hard. "Don't let her go anywhere until I'm here. She has no one out there... "

Let her go? How could I do that when I was crazy about her?!

"She has no family.. she won't survive on her own."
"Fine." I tried to sound as if I didn't care.
"When I get out of here, I'll do my best to pay you back... maybe we can work things out, but until then.. don't hurt her. She's all I have!"

If he only knew...

She was all I had too.

Meanwhile, YN's POV

I was sitting on the couch in the living room, watching TV, trying to get my mind off everything. I just wanted to forget my problems and all the sorrow! My father, Michael... who left without saying a word, and I didn't know where he was.

Maybe he was trying to find out who had attacked us so suddenly. We could have died. I've never been so close to death before. The thought of it made me shiver, so I did my best to concentrate on the movie so that I'd stop thinking about death and guns. And I almost succeeded but then someone rung the door bell and made me jump. Who could this be?

Michael had left a man with me so I called him but he won't answer. I think he was in the bathroom and couldn't hear me.

I decided to open the door and see who it was. Maybe it was Michael and he had forgotten his key.