Ch. 29

"You'll help me get out of here, beauty!" his grip around me was strong and the knife against my neck, sharp. "Now, let's go and if you say one word or even breath loudly, I'll cut this beautiful neck in two."

Why didn't I listen to Michael when he told me not to come down here?

"Come on, sweety! Let's hurry up!" he whispered in my ear in a dirty way which almost made me throw up! I tried freeing myself from his grip, but I immediately felt him press the knife even more firmly against my neck to the point that I felt the skin become wet with blood.

This man wasn't joking and if I tried to do anything, he was going to kill me.

I needed Michael so badly right now! All I managed to do was scream once and that wasn't loud enough to be heard upstairs where Michael was sleeping, and to make him wake up!

He dragged me up the stairs out of the basement and into the living room. I was looking around to see if someone would notice us, but there was no sign of Alligator or Blade. I was doomed.

"We almost made it outside! You're a good girl..." he whispered "Now, all we need to do is walk out of that door and I'm free!" he was holding me so tightly that it hurt me. "Then, I'm gonna get my people and make Michael pay for what he's done to me.. with his very life." his words made me freeze with fear as Michael's life had suddenly become so dear to me and I couldn't imagine a life without him! "Move it!" he commanded and then

"Stop right there, you son of a bitch."

Michael!!!!

He turned around, dragging my body with his and we saw Michael in his night robe with a gun in the hand, pointing at the man. His hair was messy and the curls were falling freely on the silk robe. His voice was calm, but the look in his eyes - furious.

My heart started beating even faster as soon as I saw Michael in front of me! I was so happy that he heard me and came to help! I couldn't believe it!

"Don't come near me or she dies!" the man said.
"Let her go." Michael commanded.
"No, Michael, you'll let me go.. with her." he grinned devilishly. "Now put the gun down and no one will get hurt."
"I don't think so."
"Seems like he doesn't care about your life, honey!" the man said to me "Sorry!"
"You're gonna be sorry after I shoot your head and blow your brain." the man looked at Michael for a few seconds and burst out laughing.
"HAHAHA as if you could actu-" then I heard a loud sound from Michael's gun, followed by blood splashing all over my face. The man's grip around me suddenly became very loose, his hand fell down and I heard the sound his body made as it fell on the ground behind me.

I turned around to look behind me to only see a hole in his head from which blood was coming like a small fountain, his eyes were still open and the gun - in his hand.

Michael killed him for a less than a second with one exact shot in his head.

I looked at Michael, who was completely calm and staring at me like a parent would look at their child when they have done something they shouldn't. Then to my utmost surprise, instead of yelling at me he simply opened his arms to invite me. I didn't hesitate, but scurried to him and hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I was gonna die if something happened to you..." he whispered and made my heart flutter.
"Thank you for s-" I was gonna thank him for saving me, but then we heard Michael's man come in and we quickly let go of each other.
"Boss, is everything okay..." then they saw the corpse "we heard a gun!"  
"He escaped." Michael pointed at the corpse with his gun. "Get rid of him and clean up." he commanded "And also... take care of the other man." I didn't know what 'take care' meant - murder him or torture him some more - and I didn't want to know! I didn't even want to go to the basement for a second time! It was no place for me.
"We'll take care of it, boss."
"YN, go upstairs." I nodded my head and headed for the bedroom.

I took a shower to remove the blood and when I returned into the bedroom, Michael was there, sitting on the bed. When he saw me, he patted the bed, inviting me to sit next to him.

I walked over there and slowly sat next to Michael.

"Are you okay?" he asked with a soft voice.
"Yes..." I replied.
"You sure? You just witnessed a murder..." I nodded. "Good." I was looking into his eyes, waiting to be scolded for disobeying, but he wouldn't say anything. He only asked "What?" because I was looking at him for a long time.
"Aren't you gonna say something? Like scold me or punish me?"
"What for!"
"For going into the basement without permission."
"No. I think you learned your lesson, you don't need a speech from me, right?"
"Yes!" that was true "And I'm sorry for not listening to you and going there... I shouldn't have."
"I said that only for your good, YN. I didn't want you to see those things, they aren't for women..." he came closer to me. "Everything I do is to protect you..." he looked into my eyes, which made me smile. "You're beautiful when you smile..." his words made my cheeks become red.
"Thank you for saving me... I didn't know you're such a good shooter."
"What can I say... I've had a lot of practice..." he winked and made me giggle. Not that it was funny that he had shot a lot of people, just the way he said it, combined with his smile and sparkling eyes... "Let's go to bed now, you must be tired."
"Yeah..."
"You'll feel better in the morning." he kissed my cheek gently and we went to bed.

I placed my head on top of his warm chest and he put his arm around my back.

He kept me warm and protected.

Nothing bad could happen to me as long as I was in Michael's arms. 

Next chapter soon!