Ch. 40

Author's POV

"You're finally here!" Juan said as YN's father entered his living room. "Please, come in!" he extended his hand in a welcoming gesture. "Do you like my home?" he asked YFN for he noticed how he eyed the whole living room with the interest of a little child.
"It's very beautiful.. yes." he replied, still staring at the very expensive furniture and decoration. "I'm a simple man, I've never seen anything like it, so please excuse me." he added.
"That's okay!" Juan replied and faked a warm, friendly laugh. "Actually, I would like to excuse myself for causing you all this trouble..."
"No, please, not at all! It's not your fault! As a matter of fact, I'm grateful and happy that you called me!" Juan made a motion with his hand for YN's father to sit down. 
"As soon as I heard that your daughter and Michael got together... I just couldn't let the poor girl's life become ruined in the hands of Michael. I had to do something, I'm glad I found her father to talk to."
"Me too! I had no idea that Michael was such a bad person! I believed him when he brought me to rehab and I thought my daughter could actually be happy with him but now I see how wrong I was..."
"If you tell your daughter the truth, she won't believe you. That's why I have a plan to open her eyes, but for that plan I'll need your help and I promise you that in the end, you will have your girl back and Michael will pay for all the bad things that he has done." YFN nodded his head and sighed deeply. Juan continued "He hurt my daughter too and took her life! My poor Esmeralda..." the hurt in his voice was easy to sense and so was the burning desire for revenge.
"I'm sorry..."
"But I won't let that happen to your daughter too! This is what we'll do..."

Meanwhile Alligator and Blade parked their care in front of YN's father's home. They wanted to speak with her father and ask him why he had left the rehab center so suddenly and without notifying anyone. Moreover, they wanted to talk to him about YN since they received a very disturbing letter about her from an anonymous sender.

They went over to the house and knocked but no one opened.

"He's just not here!" Blade said looking through the windows. 
"Let's go inside and check the place." Blade agreed. 

They unlocked the door with their special tools and went inside. After all, the were from the mafia and they could open any door. It was dark inside so they switched on he lights. The place looked like as if no one had been here for a long time. It was dusty, smelled unclean and there was no sign of food. 

"Wherever place YFN went to after breaking out of the rehab, it was not his house!" Alligator said.
"I don't like this at all..." Blade shook his head, worried. "I'm starting to believe that whoever wrote that letter, was telling the truth."
"But why would anyone warn the boss about YN.. it doesn't make sense."
"Maybe they're trying to get back at her, that's why."
"I don't know why, but one thing's for sure... we have to tell Michael."
"He won't believe us..."
"I know, but if something bad happens and we haven't told him about YN before that, he's going to blame us! Besides we can't hide such thing from him and think about it... he might not be safe around YN..."
"Oh God... do you honestly think that she could... hurt the boss?"
"If those things in the letter about her are true, then yes."
"But she looks so innocent and I just can't understand that..."
"Life has shown me that in this business, you can trust no one. On the outside people look like a kitten, but on the inside.. they're a wild tiger. First thing we do after the boss comes home tonight, is to tell him the truth." they both nodded their heads in agreement. 

The two friends and partners returned home and waited for Michael and his wife to finally return from their honey moon. While waiting, they were talking about YN and how couldn't they. They were scared, worried and didn't know how to handle the situation. 

When their boss and YN returned home, the first thing they noticed was Michael's huge smile on his face. He immediately wrapped his arms around his closest and bestes partners and friends, and gave them a warm like brother-to-brother hug. 

"I'm so happy to see you! You look good!" Michael said with a huge smile on his face. He was dressed in beachy clothes, something that no one was used seeing him in, and had a neckless of flowers around his neck. Alligator and Blade forced a smile to welcome their boss. Behind Michael was standing YN. They examined her from tip to toe as soon as she came into view. "You look weird.." Michael noticed it, but didn't make a big deal out of it since he was very happy with his wife. 
"Hi guys!" YN cheerfully said and opened her arms walking towards Blade and Alligator to greet them with a hug as well, however, they jumped backwards in fear as if YN was pure fire that was going to burn them. "Is everything okay?" YN asked as she couldn't believe that they had just backed away from her. It seemed to her that they liked her and approved of her marriage to their boss and now they were ignoring her?!
"What are you doing?" Michael asked immediately, angry that they did this to YN.
"Ahh.. nothing boss, we're just little..." Blade finished the sentence for Alligator.
"Sick! We're little sick! That's all and want to protect YN." Michael was looking at them, examining their bodies and faces closely and they were praying in their minds that Michael would believe their lie. And he did.
"That's right!" he said "This is my wife and I expect everyone here to take care of her and keep her safe! If something bad happens to her, then it happens to me too." Blade and Alligator looked at each other. "Let's go upstairs, baby, I wanna take a shower.." he said to his wife.

"Tell him!"
"No, you tell him!" Blade and Alligator were whispering to one another and Michael heard them.

"Tell me what?" the two of them jumped at Michael's voice.
"Ah... nothing.." Blade said.
"Actually, it's something..." Alligator added.
"Yes, it is!" Michael was just staring at them for a few seconds then said
"You know what... I would aks you what's going on and why you're acting so weird but then you'd tell me and why would I wanna know that when I'm just too happy right now because of the beautiful honey moon I had with my beautiful wife." with this he turned around and followed YN upstairs.

"She definitely got him madly in love with her." Blade said.
"Yeah.. great. Whatever we tell him, he won't belive us.."
"That's why we'll need some solid proof."

What letter? Something is going on here, guys! What do you think.. is someone trying to hurt Michael or is YN really doing something sinister behind everyone's back? You'll find out soon.