Ch. 30

Here's the update as promised.

After I woke up in the morning, I found a red rose on Michael's pillow. I immediately smiled and grabbed the flower to inhale its sweet aroma deeply, and closed my eyes by doing so, thinking about him.

He must have gotten up early in the morning to make sure everything downstairs was decent. After what happened last night, I knew he wanted to make sure that the surroundings were clean and there were no signs of blood and dead bodies.

I could see in his eyes last night that he was really worried about me and that made me so happy. It also gave me a lesson - always listen to Michael.

I jumped out of bed, impatient to get ready for the day so I could go downstairs and see his face!

However, when I got downstairs, he wasn't there. Alligator told me he had left the house early in the morning to run some errands and should be back home soon.

I felt sad that I couldn't see his face right now, but I guessed I had to wait. So while waiting, I got up to make breakfast and coffee when the door bell rung.

"Michael!" I said to myself and left everything I was doing in the kitchen to scurry to the front door and jump in his arms!

I quickly opened it wide with a huge smile on my face, but it disappeared when I saw the man in front of me wasn't Michael.

"Hi." he said and smiled widely.

"Can I help you?" I wondered who he was.

"Is Michael here?"

"No." so he must be some of his friends or should I say gangsters...

"Well, that's okay. I'll wait for him!" then before I could say anything, he simply came inside, pushing me lightly away.

"Ah excuse me, but-" he cut me off

"Don't worry, I don't bite! I'll just wait for him and you can keep me company, right?" he grinned and plumped on the sofa without invitation to sit.

"Listen, Mister, I don't know when he's going to return and-"

"Are you his girlfriend?" he was completely ignoring me, but I blushed at the word 'girlfriend'.

"That is none of your business!" I was sharp.

"Wow, wow... take it easy! I was only trying to be friendly!"

"I can see that." I was sarcastic.

"So, where is Blade? And Alligator?" so he knew them too?

"They are around the house." I sat on the sofa opposite of him. "Are you and Michael friends?" I asked, because I was curious about everything connected to Michael.

"Sort of." the man replied.

"Enemies then?" I continued.

"Friends... enemies... what's the difference!" he smiled "So tell me, if you're not his girlfriend, where's Esmeralda?" he looked around and who the hell was Esmeralda??!!

"Excuse me?"

"Esmeralda! His girlfriend!" I almost jumped up from the sofa in amazement! What girlfriend and what Esmeralda!!?? I was his girlfriend!

"There is no such person here, Mister!" I was so sharp "You got the wrong house! Leave!" I pointed at the door.

"Wow, wow, take it easy, honey! You're gonna get yourself a heart attack!"