Ch. 15

He slowly extended his arm and I saw he was holding a gun right in front of my head.

"Are you one of his sisters?" he spoke. "You'll die tonight."

When I told Alligator and Blade that I preferred death over spending my life with Michael before I left earlier, well, now that I had a gun pointed at my brain, I changed my mind! I WANNA LIVE!!!

"No no please.. I'm not one of his sister, don't kill me!"
"Are you his girlfriend then?" the man asked.
"Yes I am!" I lied, thinking that if he thought I wasn't a part of his family, he won't kill me. Big mistake.
"Even better. I'll kill you first to warm up and then I'll throw your body to his dogs. I'll watch him suffer for you and then, I'll kill him too!"
"No please don't I-" I saw his finger applying pressure to the trigger.

He was going to pull it. I was going to die. I didn't wanna die like that! In the very last second, the image of my father and Michael appeared in front of my eyes. I wasn't going to see them ever again.

But then just before he pulled the trigger to the end, I heard someone shooting twice and blood splashed out from the man in front of me. The gun fell off his hand and then he collapsed on the grass dead.

What happened?

I was breathing so fast, I couldn't understand anything at this moment! Who shot and how? Next thing I knew, I felt someone grab my arm from behind and lift me up.

"You sure are one crazy ass girl." Michael was holding me up with his left hand and in his right hand, was a gun.

So he shot? But how did he knew what was going on?

"Blade, Alligator, send someone to pick up the body and bring it inside! We gotta see who this is." he ordered.
"Yes, boss." I was shivering in fear. The man didn't kill me, but what was Michael going to do to me now that I tried to escape for the second time? I looked at him and to my surprise, he didn't look angry.
"Aren't you gonna say 'thank you'?" he said to me.
"T-Thank you..." he put the gun in his belt.
"Let's return home." why was he so calm?

I took a few steps to realize my feet were like cheese from the fear. They didn't want to keep me up, so I collapsed.

"What are you doing, girl?" he lifted me up and next thing I knew, his right hand came under my back and left hand under my legs and I was being carried bridal style. I simply wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. It felt very natural and normal, as if I was made for his arms.

On the way to the house, it suddenly started raining and the air became cold. If I had managed to run away tonight, I was probably going to freeze.

We got inside and Michael carried me all the way to my bedroom.

He gently placed me on the floor and I was so embarrassed that I tried running away, that I couldn't look into his eyes - I avoided eye contact at all cost! He stood there for a second, I think he wanted to talk to me, but all he said was

"Good night." he turned around to leave my room.
"Good night." I whispered and then suddenly I heard a loud thunder! So loud that it made the windows shake! "AHH!" I screamed in fear and without even realizing what I was doing at that moment, I run to Michael and quickly wrapped my arms around his waste. He jumped at my sudden actions, I bet he never expected me to do those kinds of thing. I heard the thunder again and squeezed him hard.

"Lord... don't tell me you're afraid of the thunders, girl!" as much as I was embarrassed to confess, I did.
"I am.." I felt like a little child. "The windows are shaking it's scary!" his reaction to this was something I would have never expected - he giggled at me.
"Girl, and I thought I was the only crazy person in this house!"
"It's not funny! Don't you know that lightings can kill people!"
"You're inside of a house."
"But it's still scary!" here came another one "AHH!" he unwrapped my hands from his waist, spun me around so that he could look at me, and wrapped my hands around his waist again.
"So you're very scared?" he whispered in my face, looking right into my eyes.
"Yes..." I replied.
"Then I wonder... what were you going to do outside if you had managed to escape?" that was a good question, I had to confess.
"Oh about that... See I wasn't really trying to.. you know, escape."
"Mhm.." his tone let me know that he didn't believe me at all.
"I was just trying to.. ahhm.. become familiar with the surroundings! Yes that's what it was!" he gave me a stern look that penetrated right through my lies. "How come you're not angry?" I had to ask, there was no need to pretend anymore, since we both knew that I wanted to escape. "How come you haven't killed me yet?"
"I am angry..." he looked down at his feet "But I guess.. I had a lot to do with that too."
"You did!"
"But this didn't mean you were allowed to leave the house without my permission! You could've died tonight!" I looked down in surrender, because he did have a point. "And I did wanted to kill you, but..." I froze in fear "tell me how could I take your life, when I need it, in order to keep on going." I looked into his eyes, which were now soft and sparkly. Seemed like he became nervous, because he changed the topic "Anyway, you need to change clothes. Your dress is all wet." why the hell was he so calm? "You're gonna get sick and I don't want you to be sick, because I'm taking you somewhere tomorrow."
"What really? Where are we going?"
"Don't you remember what we talked tonight, woman? I'm taking you to see your father!" he was going to keep his word after all that I've done tonight??
"Really!! Thank you!" I hugged him tightly without thinking, then when I realized it, I let go of him, blushing.
"I have to go now. You go change and take a shower to warm your body up."
"And you're gonna leave me alone here with the thunder and lightings?"
"Well, I could stay, but I don't think you want me to escort you and be with you in the shower cabin, or do you?" he smirked and I instantly became nervous. "Do you, YN?" he whispered and I shook my head. "Then, I'll leave now and if you promise me to be a good girl, I might come after your shower, to keep you safe while you sleep." I nodded "Good. And wear something that covers your body well. You wouldn't want to excite me, trust me. I'll be here in 30 minutes." with this he left and closed the door behind him.

I wondered, why was he being so nice? Not forcing himself onto me? Was he feeling good today? Maybe that was another mood swing... I didn't know, but I liked that side of him very much. I scurried to the bathroom to get myself ready. I only had 30 minutes!

I turned the shower on, thinking that today was a good day. I did try to run away and almost got my smart brain shot, but in the end, Michael saved me and he wasn't angry! He was actually really nice to me... And on top of that, I was going to see my father tomorrow!

Michael's POV

I went downstairs straight into the basement, where I would keep things like weapons and dead bodies. I opened the door and my people were already there waiting for me. I wanted to get over with this shit as soon as possible, so that I could go to YN.

"Let's see who this motherfucker is!"