Ch. 10

Sorry it took me so long to update. Next update will be soon :)

After last night, Michael locked himself up in his room with a bottle of whiskey and I didn't hear a sound from him. However, when I woke up this morning, the security told me he had left the apartment with Blade and Alligator to do some kind of work. Then when I got downstairs to the kitchen to make myself a breakfast, I found a box on the sofa and they told me that Michael left it for me before going out.

I quickly grabbed it in my hands because I got very curious to see what he had left for me. I opened it to reveal a note and clothes.

Good morning,

I decided you'd need a dress for the dinner tonight.

See you later,
Michael

He left me a note?! Wow this was something new... it felt as if we were a couple, leaving each other notes. What would it be like to be his woman?

Maybe if he wasn't a gangster, if he didn't have such a bad temper, if he was more gentle with me, and if the circumstances under which we met were different, we could have actually made a nice couple?

I put the note away and got the dress to see it - it was very beautiful and the shoes matched it perfectly. I had to admit he was rotten, but had a really nice taste.

I just wondered, why did he hate the idea of dining with his family so much? Maybe they had arguments in the past which were still unresolved

Maybe they hated each other?

That was probably too strong... I was overthinking it! No families hated each other even when they were having arguments, which was totally normal because humans fought sometimes! But then why would Michael get so upset when I mentioned his family to the point that he'd lock himself up all night and get drunk?

Around 3pm he returned home and told me to be ready at 5. He looked worried, upset, nervous and when I tried talking to him, he just ignored me.

There was nothing else I could have done, but get upstairs to my room and start preparing myself for the dinner.

I was going to meet his family for the first time and see his mother, so I had to look decent.

I took a shower, made my hair and makeup and then the best part - I wore the beautiful dress.

It was 4:45 so I decided to go downstairs and wait for him there. I didn't want to make him wait or upset him because he usually didn't like to be upset especially in situations like this one, where he was already upset. I didn't wanna mess with him...

As I was taking the stairs, I saw he was already there waiting for me with Blade and Alligator. Michael was at the bar, making himself a cocktail with his back facing me. He heard my footsteps and said with a low, bored voice

"Are you ready?"
"Yes." I replied. His cocktail was finished, so he took it in his hand and turned around to sit on the sofa, but as soon as he saw me, he just stopped there right on his spot like petrified.

I took the last stair and walked over to the sofa with his eyes focused on me.

Did he like the way I looked?

Because I definitely loved the way he looked! He was wearing a black suit and was extremely sexy. This was the very first time I saw him wearing a suit! I couldn't take my eyes off him!

 This was the very first time I saw him wearing a suit! I couldn't take my eyes off him!

His stare made me nervous... then Alligator cleared his throat and Michael woke up from his trance, pretending that nothing had happened. Alligator and Blade secretly giggled at Michael and he didn't like that. His cheeks turned red, but I didn't know whether the cause was embarrassment or anger...

"Whatcha laughing at?" he scolded them.
"Nothing, boss." they quickly stopped it because we all knew the boss was very angry tonight. "You look very beautiful, YN." Alligator said.
"Thank you..." I felt flattered, but I wanted to hear those words from... Michael.
"Don't you think so boss?" Blade asked and giggled, but this made Michael angrier.
"SHUT UP AND DON'T LAUGH!" he hollered.
"But boss why get so angry? YN looks amazing tonight and you're gonna have the most beautiful woman when you get there so-"
"I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP!" suddenly he pulled a gun from under his coat and pointed it at Blade. I got so scared that my knees became weak.
"Okay boss... jeez no need for this!" Alligator said.

What was wrong with Michael? He pointed a gun at his own men? I noticed his hand was shaking and his forehead was covered in sweat.

"Ah boss you might wanna put that away, you're scarring YN.." and he was right. I was so afraid I wanted to cry.
"And I told you not to talk!" Michael seemed to have relaxed a bit and slowly put the gun back under his coat. Was he going to go to the dinner with a gun? Why does he need a gun to meet his family?
"Don't mind that, YN," Alligator turned to me with a calm voice "the boss is a little nervous, but he wasn't gonna shoot." I felt a little calmer until Michael spoke again
"How can you be so sure, Alligator?" this made the three of us freeze. Blade and Alligator looked at each other not knowing what was going on. "Let's go, YN. I don't wanna be late for hell." he drunk his cocktail to the last drop and headed for the door. I followed him.

We got in the car and his chauffeur drove off. I decided it'd be best if I stayed silent since I didn't want to  "poke the fire". This man had a gun under his coat!

I just kept wondering what would cause him to act like that? Maybe it wasn't his family after all but his work. Maybe he couldn't make a deal and his business was headed in a bad direction, which might be good for me, because if he didn't have money, he'd let me go and I'll be free again!

"YN.... YN! I'm talking to you!" my thoughts got interrupted and I jumped at the sound of his voice since I was very scared of him tonight.
"Yes?" I felt my body become tense as he was staring at me with eyes filled with feelings I couldn't really understand.   
"Where the hell was your mind at?!"
"I... I.."
"Never mind. When we arrive there, I want you to stay close to me all the time, did you understand?" I nodded my head "I don't want you mixing with them!"

Them? Was this how he referred to his family?

"When we get there, we eat our dinner fast and then hit the road, nothing more, nothing less. Got that?"
"Yes, Michael."

"We're here, boss." the driver said and entered the gates of a huge ranch, called Hayvenhurst.

"I have forgotten how hell looked like." Michael said and opened the door of the car to get off.

Meeting his family was only a few minutes away from me...