Ch. 17

Michael's POV

I woke up very early in the morning like I usually do.

YN was still sleeping so I used the moment to look at her beautiful face and touch her silky hair, but I got too excited, so I decided to get up and go in my room. Besides, I needed to touch up my make up and take my medicine because I didn't want her to see my skin.

I very gently got up, trying not to wiggle the bed in order for her to stay asleep. I snuck out and closed the door silently.

I went to my room and closed the door behind me. I started my morning routine of taking a shower, changing clothes, putting on make up and when I was done with that and ready to go downstairs, my eyes spotted something.

A few books placed on my night table.

Oh Lord... Blade and Alligator must have left those women books last night.

I went over to the night table and took one book in my hand. It was pink and said "How to make women like you and be a real man".

What the heck is that? I am a real man! I bet those who wrote the book have never even touched a gun and they're gonna teach me shit about being a real man!? Hell no. I ain't reading this brainwashing shit.

I placed the book back on its spot, thinking that I should scold Blade and Alligator. I've given them too much freedom lately and now they're trying to run all over me and make me read some teenage boy books. I could make YN fall in love with me any time! All I had to do was snap my fingers and she'd be all over me! Yes!

Well... maybe that wasn't entirely true, but... still there was no need for stupid books! Teenage boys should read them and not Michael fuckin' Jackson!

I looked at the books once more and cleared my throat. Maybe I should have a look at them. Just a little look... no one was going to know. Only I and the books.

I sat on the bed and grabbed the book on top and opened it to see what the first chapter was about. Now, let's see what bullshit it contained.

Chapter 1 - How to court a woman?

A woman would definitely fall in love with you if you play your cards right. But how to do that? This chapter is going to teach you exactly this skill! First of all, you need to grab her attention and then start to court her, but don't make it too obvious in the beginning! You can start by making small compliments like "Hey, your hair looks great today!" or "Is that a new bag? I love it!". This will show her that you have an eye for details and notice the things that she does.

What the hell was this?? Who has time for some courting bullshit??! I certainty didn't - I liked to go straight to the point. Let's see what else they write...

Then you can invite her out! But as friends first... On the first "date", make it clear that you like her. From there on, you can start courting her. Doing things like buying flowers or chocolates is a great opportunity to show her how much you care and think of her!

Does YN like flowers and chocolate, I wondered... then I read the next sentence

And don't worry! All women love flowers and chocolates! You can never go wrong with that!

KNOCK KNOCK

I jumped at someone knocking at my door. I instantaneously closed the book, hid it under my pillow and got up.

"Come in!" I cleared my throat.
"Boss, good morning."
"Good morning, Alligator." I pretended as if nothing had happened. I couldn't believe I actually read that book... I'll take that secret with me to my grave.
"You told me to remind you about YN's dad."
"Yes, thanks. Go wake YN up and tell her to get ready."
"Okay, should I also inform the driver?" I hesitated, thinking about the book.
"Ahh no. I'll be driving YN and myself to the rehab center."
"Alone? Are you sure it's safe?"
"Yes, it's early in the morning, nothing will happen."
"Okay, boss."