Ch. 18

YN's POV

Chocolate round bonbons that looked delicious!
Wait.. he gave me chocolate? Where did he get chocolate from??!!
I looked at him, then in the same moment he turned his head towards me and our eyes met.

I felt my cheeks burn red, so I averted my eyes quickly. I was holding the bag with chocolates in my hands, not knowing what to do or expect from him.

"What?" he suddenly said. "Don't tell me you don't like chocolate..."
"No, I love chocolate just..." after a short pause, he said
"You didn't think that a monster like me could do something nice..." it was more like a whisper and his voiced cracked. I could sense that he felt hurt and I felt bad about him immediately. I shouldn't have reacted like this. This was the first time he does something sweet and I hurt him.
"No! This is not true! It's just that I haven't tasted chocolate ever since you made me leave my dad..." then I realized that I hurt him even more. I reminded him of how he forced me out of my own house. I should think before I open my big mouth!

He didn't say anything, but I looked at him and could tell he wasn't feeling well. Although I was the victim, I got the feeling he was sorry. On top of that, treating him badly, even though he might have treated me badly in the first place, wasn't a way to go. He was a human being and had feelings too. So I decided to make him feel better and acted without thinking.

"These are my favorite chocolates! Thank you!" I then planted one kiss on his right cheek quickly and after I did it, I realized that I actually kissed his cheek. I felt embarrassed immediately and think he got that too. His grip around the wheel tightened so I could see his knuckles turning white. Oh Lord, what did I do!

The air in this car became so thick, it was hard to breathe! I couldn't wait to get out of the car!

I didn't dare look at him and he didn't dare look at me. We didn't speak, he just drove the car and when we got home, I got out of it quickly and run to my room.

What did just happen? Did he really give me chocolate and did I really kiss him?

I couldn't believe I actually, voluntarily kissed the man who dragged me out of my home and forced me to live with him?!!

Well, he also helped my father and saved my life that night when that guy was going to shoot me...

I was starting to get the feeling that Michael, even though acting as a bad guy, wasn't bad deep inside of him. He only pretended or didn't know any better... Sometimes he would get angry and do wild things, but other times he'd be so sweet and gentle, I couldn't recognize him!

Sometimes I wished I knew more about him and his family... he obviously didn't like his father, but why? I was scared to ask him.

Then suddenly someone knocked at my door.

"Come in!" the door flung open and I saw Michael. He looked a little nervous and was avoiding eye contact with me.
"I came to tell you that I got a call from a friend... I am invited to a party tomorrow night and you're coming with me. Also, something came up and I need to leave town, but I'll be back tomorrow. I'll send a stylist to help you pick a dress, 'cause you need to look good for tomorrow..."
"Okay..."
"You'll stay with Alligator and Blade and ah... I think you already know that, but I'll warn you just in case. Last time I didn't say anything when you escaped, but if you try that again, I might get very... veeeery angry. See you tomorrow." with this he closed the door.

-----

In the morning the stylist came and brought me clothes and shoes for the party. Then I spent the rest of the day watching TV and relaxing around the house, now that Michael was gone.