Ch. 13

Next day...

Michael's POV

I just got up from bed, impatiently waiting for Alligator to bring me a glass of water to help fight the funny taste in my mouth which the pills I took last night left. And just when my patience was almost gone, he knocked on the door and got in.

"Finally." I said.
"Sorry, boss, there you go." he handed me the glass of water and quickly drunk it to the last drop.
"So how you feelin', boss?"
"I been better.." I was tired, had a headache and regretted the fact I agreed to go to dinner with my family.
"Aren't you gonna ask how YN is?" I suddenly stopped everything and remembered about her.

I had a fight with her last night and then I.. I slapped her face. Oh God what the hell did I do!! Why did I do it??!! I remember I was crying and then suddenly my mood changed, I recalled moments from my past which weren't pleasant and next thing I knew, I hit her.

I shouldn't have done it. She'll never warm up to me if I keep treating her like that... But what else could I have done... That was the way I was raised, that was just me and she was so beautiful and when she looks at me with her big, shiny eyes, I just don't know what happens! I lose control and I don't know what I'm doing!

Alligator was looking at me, waiting for an answer. I decided not to show my true feelings...

"No. Why should I care?" I pretended I didn't care.
"You slapped her, boss."
"It was an accident and I'm sorry but I'm also not gonna beg forgiveness." I got up from bed and started fixing my hair.
"I was thinking, boss, maybe.. I don't know, you should try to control your temper and actually give her a chance." he suggested.

As if I haven't thought about that hundred times before! But I was so scared..

what if I ended up hurt again?

"I don't think I can handle another heartbreak, Alligator." I told him the truth after a pause of silence.
"I know, but I think this one is different. I believe the way she looks at you is special."
"And I think you're a fool. I treated her badly, why do you think that after all she'll like me?"
"Love is foolish, illogical and unpredictable. Excuse me boss, but I think this time I'm right. Actually me and Blade were talking last night after you went to bed... Maybe you should apologize to her.."
"I don't apologize to anybody!"

Apologize to her??!! Oh no I was way too embarrassed!

And what was I going to say? Sorry I slapped you, but I remembered about my fucked up childhood and my sick father and lost control over my action because I'm dumb and didn't know what I was doing? Hell nah!

"No no not like that! We know that you have hard time apologizing people... We were thinking... how about you buy her something nice and then take her out to dinner?"

Buy her something, take to dinner? This wasn't actually a bad idea. I had to admit, Alligator was right this time. Besides, I had to show her that I was sorry for hitting her.

"Well, I guess I could do that..." I said.
"We even got these magazines, look!" he handed me over a few magazines with clothes and jewelry "Why don't you pick something nice? I'll get it and you can give it to her tonight and dine together?"
"Well..." I hesitated. 
"That's great! It's decided then!"
"But I-" he cut me off.
"No buts boss! I'll go let Blade now!" where did my time for decision go? Seemed like they really wanted me to do that..
"I don't think that going out is a great idea, you know because of the attack..."
"No worries! Me and Blade are gonna make the perfect atmosphere for dinner here!" Alligator looked so excited about this, so I just agreed, besides I wanted to spent the night with her, enjoy her company, even though I felt a little shy. "We've got a lot of work to do, did you chose the present?"