Ch. 6

Your POV

Michael brought me to his apartment in town after the attack that destroyed the glass wall in my room and much of the furniture, and walls. It all happened so fast... they attacked us out of the nothing when we less expected! But who were those people and what did they want from Michael?

His men organized so fast after he gave them orders and in less than 30 minutes we were sitting in the car, on our way to this marvelous apartment that was on the last floor of a sky scraper. Seemed like Michael enjoyed his privacy - isolated house without any neighbors and now an apartment on the last floor with hundreds locks and keys and stuff... 

All the floors were made out of pure, shiny marble. The walls were decorated with pictures, the rooms with statues and right in the middle of the living room was a small fountain. The walls were made out of glass so I could see the city lights sparkling like stars outside but I was sure that no one was able to see me. I've never seen such a view before, it literally left me breathless! I don't know which one was more luxurious - his house or apartment? How rich was this man?

Alligator escorted me to this beautiful bedroom and told me it would be my own room from now on. I asked him how long were we going to stay here (I was afraid to ask Michael) but he didn't know, "Whatever the boss says, miss." was his reply.

It was very late but I wasn't sleepy at all. I was still scared and in shock because of what happened earlier. I didn't know what kind of world was Michael living in but I was sure it was cruel and very dangerous. Those people must be more then just gangster! Gangster are rich but Michael was way beyond rich to afford all this luxury... I had to know what kind of a person exactly was the man I was going to live with until the rest of my life. I had to go ask him but his rotten temper... what if I make him angry and he beats me up again?

Damn it! I had to know.

I left my room and headed downstairs for the living room to see if he was still awake because that was where I left him earlier.

To my surprise he was awake at this late hour of the night.

He, Blade and Alligator were comfortably sitting on the leather sofa, on the coffee table was an almost empty bottle of whiskey and three glasses.

"I believe it's the Devaro family.." Blade said. "Those bastards are probably still mad because you took those weapons, boss." I don't know why but I decided to just stay there, hidden, and listen. I thought I might learn something more about Michael. 
"I don't think so Blade..." Michael replied and drunk from his glass. His voice was soft and low. It sounded as if he was tired and who wouldn't be after what happened tonight.  
"Devaro's a pussy! He's afraid of us, I don't believe he would do that.." Alligator said.
"Don't forget what he did to the Smith family, Alligator!" Blade jumped in.
"I know but the Smiths aren't Michael Jackson! Our boss is the leader of this world and Devaro knows it damn well! If you ask me, I think it was that bastard Alphonse!"
"Alphonse?" Michael suddenly spoke "Why him? I've never done anything to him..."
"He's always been jealous of your power boss, he's trying to steal the weaponry business."
"Alligator's right." Blade begun "But I'm afraid he's not the only one, Michael... there are so many who have motives to kill you.."
"You're right, Blade, but you're forgetting one thing... I'm Michael motherfuckin' Jackson. No one fucks with me." he drunk a big gulp from the liquidly fire. "I built this empire. Everything that I have and you have now, is all thanks to me." Blade and Alligator nodded their heads in approval, saying
"Yeah.. it's true."
"If I hadn't taken things in my control, you'd still be under Joseph's command... maybe living on the streets without any money or power... or even dead." I don't know why but the atmosphere in the room got somehow different after they mentioned this name Joseph. Michael took another gulp of his whiskey and placed the glass on the table, making a loud sound as the glass hit the glass. "You can come here, YN."