3

Hey guys! I almost forgot to update but lucky I remembered. This chapter is kind of long just so you guys know a little bit more of Annabeth's past.

Comment, Vote, Fan

Loves You xxxx

___________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3:

After discussing with Mr. X about the auditions, which were in a week, I was sent home.

“Hey Custodio mine giving me a ride home?” I asked hopefully.

“Sure since you didn’t put up a fight today.” He winked and smiled at me.

I just smiled back.

~After the car ride~

“Thanks again.”

“No problem hopefully we can do this again.” He winked at me.

“In your dreams Custodio.”

“Exactly.”

I bit my lip. “Bye Custodio.”

“Bye Annabeth.”

Once I got in my house I was attacked by my brothers and sisters.

“Where have you been?”

“Did you get in trouble?”

“You’re gonna get in troubllllleeeee.”

“I’m hungryyyyy.”

“Why don’t I make some Mac & Chesse. Yea?”

“Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!” 

They all scurried to the kitchen table. Oh what food does to these kids. I walked into the kitchen to find my mom washing dishes. Uh-oh I’m in BIG trouble. As I’m getting the stuff to make the Mac & Cheese she finally spoke up, “You’re late.”

“I know I’m sorry I had to do some testing after school in order not to go into summer school.” I hate lying to her but it was for her own safety and our family.

“It’s alright I understand.” Thank god she believed me. I looked at her and it was as if she wanted to tell me something but she was thinking about it.

“What happened?”

She sighed. “Your brother came looking for you again.”

I stared at her. “I told him, I don’t want anything to do with them.”

My biological parents left me in the hands of Martha, my foster mom, but they kept my older brother. I guess they didn’t love me. I guess I was a mistake. Soon my brother found out about me and went looking for me. I still remember that day.

 ~Flashback~

I heard knocking at the door. “I’ll get it” I yelled.

When I opened the door a very attractive boy appeared. He had clear eyes kind of like mine but with like a hint of green. He had facial hair and his hair was in an updo. Once I stopped staring at him (hopefully he didn’t notice) I finally spoke up.

“Can I help you?”

“Hey I’m John and I’m looking for my sister.”

“Well do you know her name cause there’s dozens of kids here.”

“Uhhh….yea her name is ummmm…… Annabeth. Annabeth Santiago.”

I froze.

“ I-I I’m Annabeth Sa-San-Santiago.”

I stuttered and whispered my last name. This couldn’t be happening.

He had tears in his eyes. “Annabeth.”

He hugged me.

I didn’t know what to do. Should I hug back? What’s happening? Once he let go I was still in shock.

“Annabeth you don’t know how long I’ve  been wanting to find you. Once I found out I had a little sister I had to go looking for her. It took me months but I finally find her, I mean you.”

I didn’t reply.

“I just want to say that mom and dad love you and they want you back. Back into their lives. Back into our lives. We can be a happy family…together.”

“That’s a lie.” I finally spoke.

“What?” He had a look of confusion on his face.

“It’s all a lie. Mom and dad don’t love me; if they did they would have never left me with Martha my real mom.”

“She’s not your real mom. She’s your foster mom.”

“Really? She’s not my mom? Cause last time I check she’s been taking care of me for the last 17 years and what has my “MOM” done for me? Oh yeah that’s right she abandoned me.”

I had tears in my eyes but they were tears of anger.

“No, you don’t understand. They didn’t want to but they didn’t have that much mon-”

“Oh so they abandoned me but not their first born. So much for parents not picking favorites.” I said cutting him off.

“No it’s not like that they were going through a money problem and they said they didn’t have a choice.”

I laughed. “Well by the look of it, it seems that mommy and daddy are filthy rich.”I said judging by his clothes. I mean it looks like his outfit was at least 2,000 bucks.

“And once they fixed this “money” problem why didn’t they come and take me back?”

He stayed silent.

“Exactly, just face it they never really loved me.”

Silence once again.

“I’m sorry you wasted your time in finding me but I’m not going with them…ever.”

He looked at me with pleading eyes.

I just stared at him coldly.

“Just think about it. I want to stay in contact with you.  Is it okay if I visit?”

“I rather you not but whatever suits you. Just don’t expect me to be around as much.”

He sighed and looked down. Tears wanting to spill from my eyes.

“I guess I’ll see you around lil sis.”

He hugged me but I just stood there not wanting to return the hug.

Once he let go, he left. As I finally shut the door, I finally broke into tears.

~End of Flashback~

 Ever since then he’s come and visit. Urging me into returning back to our family. I always answered with a cold NO. But he won’t give up; I guess stubbornness ran in the family. I got kicked back into reality when my brothers and sisters stared chanting,

“Mac & Cheese! Mac & Cheese! Mac & Cheese!”

I simply laughed before going back and preparing the Mac & Cheese.

_____________Photo John to the side_______________