Chapter 105

Fawn was actually sad to see them all go. She had gotten used to her room being an absolute mess. Used to sharing her bed with Ashleigh. She had gotten used to the Tillman twins helping with the dishes and Nox taking out the trash. Used to Monica's sleep talking and Vivienne's . . . unique persona.

And she had gotten used to Jules' scented candles.

Jules . . .

It was still hard to believe that Jules was dead. She had traveled to Oregon to help out with the undead and lost her life in the process.

It just wasn't fair.

Fawn rolled up the sleeping bags used by Vivienne and Monica and threw them on the end of her bed.

Her room looked a lot bigger.

A lot emptier.

Light knocks came at her door.

"Come in."

Vivienne quietly slid inside.

"Hey."

"Hey."

Vivienne stared at the sleeping bags on Fawn's bed.

"Couldn't wait to get us the hell out of your life, huh?"

Fawn sighed.

"I'm actually sad to see you guys go," she said quietly.

Vivienne raised an eyebrow.

"Really?"

Fawn nodded and quickly turned away.

"Seems like a long time since the first night, doesn't it?" Vivienne said.

"You mean the night you called me an embarrassment to witches everywhere?" Fawn said, opening her dresser drawer.

Complete silence as she searched her drawer.

"I'm sorry, Fawn," Vivienne whispered a moment later. "You were right--I was a bitch to you."

Fawn grabbed Jules' grimoire and faced Vivienne.

"It's okay. I mean, I get it. It wasn't really your fault."

Vivienne's eyes widened when she saw her aunt's grimoire.

"Where did you get that?"

"Jules let me borrow it. She told me to hold onto it."

She offered the grimoire.

"Here. You or Monica should have it."

Her eyes quickly grew glossy.

"I . . . ," she sniffed as a tear drop fell to the floor. "You should hold onto it."

"No, Vivienne. I-I can't."

"Monica and I both have grimoires that has all of the spells in that book recorded--most of them unbeknownst to Aunt Jules at the time." She shook her head. "We don't need it."

"Forget about the spells--this is Jules' grimoire."

"Grimoires aren't for sentimental value, Fawn," Vivienne said cordially. "They're for information and instructions on magic. Notes. Lore of  our supernatural world. Passed down for generations." She placed a hand on Fawn's shoulder. "It's about time you owned your own book of spells. Use that one for a damn good head start. Besides, Aunt Jules told you to hold on to it for a reason, I'm sure."