Chapter 51

The girls shrieked.

"Th-That wasn't supposed to happen!" Fawn exclaimed, watching her bed as it was engulfed by blazing flames.

"The hell it wasn't!" Asche yelled. "What did you do?"

"Nothing! You were here -- I did everything you did!"

Asche reached for her notepad on Fawn's dresser and frantically began flipping through the pages.

"We can put the fire out -- there's a spell for that. Dammit, if I can find it!"

Fawn stared at the flames in a trance-like state, the flames dancing before her.

Taunting her.

Go out was all Fawn could think. Go out now!

And almost instantly, the flames extinguished.

"Okay I found the sp--" Asche began, finally looking up from her notepad. She stared at Fawn's bed in disbelief. "Spell . . . ." She turned to Fawn and her eyes widened. "F-Fawn. Your eyes. Your eyes!"

That was when Monica, Freya and Leah all rushed into Fawn's bedroom. Fawn quickly turned her back to the group.

"What's going on in . . . ," Monica trailed off, probably when she noticed Fawn's burned bed sheets and pillows, "here? Whoa, what happened?"

Asche raised her hand.

"Uh . . . it was me," she quickly said. "I screwed up. Really bad."

"What did you do?" came Leah's whisper of a voice.

"Er . . . I was trying to, um, turn Fawn's bed into a . . . golden carriage?"

Freya scoffed.

"That's ridiculous. Not to mention impossible."

"We were just levitating Fawn's living room," Asche said. "What's impossible anymore?"

"You can't turn Fawn's bed into a carriage, Ashleigh," Leah said.

Asche shrugged.

"Well it didn't hurt to try," she said.

"Only Fawn's bed," Freya said.

"Fawn?" Monica said. She could hear Monica approaching her.

"Uh, we should probably give Fawn some time. A-And space," Asche said. "She's . . . h-highly flammable right now. And by that I mean she is really pissed -- and rightfully so! I just fried her bed. So if everyone would like to make their way back into the living room . . ."

"What's going on in here?" came Vivienne's voice.

Fawn immediately spun around and stared into the eyes of everyone in her bedroom. Monica, Freya, Leah, Vivienne and Nox. They were all there.

All staring at Fawn with shock and awe painted across the canvas that were their otherwise stony faces.

"Oh my God . . . ," Freya said, her hand to her mouth.

Leah was staring at Fawn with glossy eyes and shaking her head. "Unbelievable" she said over and over again.

Nox stared at Fawn, slack jawed. But he remained silent.

There was a mixture of admiration and annoyance in Vivienne's eyes. She shook her head and marched out of Fawn's doorway.

Monica stepped toward Fawn, a giant smile on her face.

"F-Fawn . . . your eyes. Th-They're glowing."

Fawn nodded.

"You know what that means, don't you?"

Fawn nodded again.

"I am an elemental witch."

* * *

---

To be continued in Chapter 52...