Chapter Two : The Next Morning

My head pounded as I got up off the floor of the bathroom. The smell of something sour hit my nose, instantly making me feel nauseous. I had no recollection of what had happened last night other than leaving the party. I rubbed my aching temples and groaned in agony, vowing to never drink again.

My mouth felt as dry as the Sahara desert as I clutched onto the toilet seat, using it as a crutch to stand up. My headache only got worse as I did so. I turned on the faucet, filling my hands with water. I splashed my face, hoping it would take away the icky feeling that I had. I looked up at myself in the mirror.

Memories of last night flashed across my mind. Dakota's lips on mine and my hands were all over him. No, we didn't. No, it had to have been a dream. I prayed it was a dream. I ran a hand across my face and groaned as I realized what had happened. I made out with my best friend last night, who was more than likely still passed out in my bad.

I turned around and looked at the door handle, as if opening it would end my life. Maybe if I can climb out the window, I can wait for him to leave.

Well I can't exactly stay in the bathroom all day and after all this is my house. I might as well face the music. He won't remember a thing. When does Dakota ever remember anything. Never that's when.

I turned the handle cautiously, afraid to make a sound. I cracked the door open a tad, peeking one eye through.

Dakota laid sprawled out across my bed, shirtless with the blankets on the floor and my pillows mysteriously at the bottom of the bed. I groaned once more but at least he was still asleep and I didn't have to deal with him quite yet. I'd known Dakota for most of my life. And that kiss could now potentially screw with our friendship. Even if he was the one kissed me first.

I crept across the bedroom floor towards my dresser, quickly grabbing a pair of clothes and a towel before retreating back to bathroom. I turned on the water, the hot water relaxed any tense feelings in my body. I lathered up, thinking back to last night. Why couldn't I had been so piss drunk that I forgot everything.

Harsh knocking interrupted my peaceful shower and I knew it could only be one person.

"Luka! Hurry up. I'm gonna be sick." Dakota yelled. I turned off the taps and grabbed my towel, wrapping it around my waist. Will he remember? I wondered. Please, don't remember.

I grabbed the door knob with a heavy heart and swung it open. Dakota flew right by me, throwing himself at the toilet. I grabbed my clothes and decided it was best to change in my room.

"Sorry, but I didn't want to throw up on your floor." Dakota said as he walked by. I slid on my shirt, throwing my towel in a hamper.

"Yeah.. no problem." I replied, staring at him for a while. I was waiting for him to say something, anything regarding last night. I found myself wanting him to remember, but I also wanted him to forget.

"Crazy party last night." He said with a wicked grin. I nodded and forced a chuckle, hoping it sounded at the very least somewhat normal. Did he not remember anything from last night?

"Yeah, I had to carry you all the way home." I shoved his head and sat on my computer chair continuing to stare at him. Waiting and wondering if that would refresh his memory.

"Really? I don't remember anything." He rubbed his eyes and yawned. I sighed in relief. It was better if I kept quiet about it. If he didn't remember, then he didn't remember. It was a good thing. And I for one wanted to forget that night. Why ruin a friendship over one drunken mistake?

Vote and comment and tell me what you think :)