Chapter Twenty Three : Puppy

The next morning, my eyes felt puffy and groggy along with having a dry coarse throat that made my morning voice deeper than usual. To my surprise Dakota had stayed the night. I don't know why it did. Some part of me thought he would leave the next morning, maybe because of all the other time's he'd left.

His arm draped over me as he snored quietly with his mouth slightly open. I chuckled to myself and ruffled his hair, pressing my lips against the tip of his nose. He stirred for a moment before slowly opening his eyes that greeted me with warm hues of deep sea green and rich brown; and for a brief second I was lost in his gaze as we lay there, staring at each other in silence exchanging smiles. I felt at ease with him, like no matter what happened we'd have each other, it was always that way but it felt different now that we were more than just friends.

Dakota buried his face into my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my waist before I heard knocking at my door.

"Luka, are you awake?" My moms voice muffled from the other side. Dakota and I jumped away from each other and I landed on the floor with a loud thud before I felt a sheering pain shoot up my spine.

I groaned, grabbing my back, only just realizing that I was shirtless. I panicked for a moment, darting my eyes from the door to Dakota, who was also shirtless. Would my mom put two and two together? Before I could do anything, the door swung open and my mom walked in with a worried look on her face.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she came towards me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I spit out as I jumped up from the floor, smiling through the pain.

"Dakota, I didn't know you spent the night." My mom said as she smiled at him with a questionable gaze.

"Yeah, sorry for not asking Mrs.De Angelis." He gave her a sheepish smile, scratching his head.

"It's fine, dear." If she smiled any harder, her face would crack.

"Anyhow, Mr and Mrs. Moreau invited your father and I to dinner tonight, we won't be home till late."

"Okay." I nodded, wanting to get rid of her.

"You two be good." She said as she walked out the door, closing it behind her.

I let out a sigh of relief, thankful she hadn't lingered any longer. Nothing to worry about, I told myself. We're just two friends, having a sleepover in her eyes.

I sat on the edge of my and rubbed the bridge of my nose. Spending time together was getting a little dangerous but as long as my mom continued to worship Dakota, we wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Dakota hugged me from behind, pulling me from my thoughts with a kiss on the side of my cheek.

"Don't stress about it."

"Yeah, it was just a close one, that's all."

"I kind of like it, almost getting caught. Kind of a turn on, don't you think?" He said with a grin.

"Whatever." I chucked as we laid down beside each other. After a brief silence Dakota spoke.

"There's this party tonight."

"No." I didn't have to think about it for even a second. Hearing the word party coming from his mouth only meant one thing; trouble.

"Please?"
"It'll be fun, come on."

I shook my head before moving away from him, part of me felt like an idiot for thinking he'd want to stay in this weekend, the other part expected this. I opened my mouth to speak, but stopped myself, not feeling up to having an argument over his constant need to party. I couldn't wrap my head around it and the sudden thought that maybe he did have a problem hit me, it shook me to my core and was lost in the thought. I tried to convince myself that it was normal teenage behaviour, every teenager likes to party. Is alcoholism genetic?

Dakota moved closer to me, resting his head on my lap and gave me his usual puppy dog eyed look that he put on whenever he wanted something. I averted my eyes, looking at the closest thing next to me, pretending to give a rats ass about the white lamp that stood on my nightstand.

"Fine, we don't have to go." Dakota sighed. I let out a sigh of relief and leaned my head against the wall. Maybe I'm having a good impact on him.

"One problem." He mumbled. I raised a questionable brow at him with a glare in my eyes.

"The party is at my house."

A/N sorry it's so short. anyway please comment, vote and tell me what you think! :)