Chapter Twenty Four : Trouble

A/N to make up for the previous short chapter, I tried to make this one long

After a long debate, I caved in. I had no other choice but to come. Dakota throwing a party would end in disaster. But as long as I was around I could at least try to keep him out of trouble. Typical babysitting job that I was always left with but what should I have expected. Knowing my parents were practically right across the street put me on the edge. My parents said they wouldn't be back until late tonight and Dakota's parents decided to visit extended family on the other side of town for the night. One way or the other they would find out and my parents would be back home only to see a crowd of teenagers going in and out of the Moreau's house from across the street. I shook my head as I was setting up the drink table, wondering why Dakota even thought of having this thing in the first place. It didn't make sense. Why couldn't he party else where like all the other times?

I glared at him from across the room, watching him haul a keg into the kitchen with the help of Alex, who he had failed to mention would be coming to help out. How could he forgive him so easily? He outed us to coach, who I'm sure would've find out sooner or later. Alex obviously had a problem with the two of us being together but I guess people change and kiss ass when they hear the word alcohol and party. They'd do anything for it. I wondered how Dakota was able to get a hold of beer in the first place and if it would be enough for the amount of people that would be coming. The deeper in thought I became about this whole situation, the more angry I felt. I can't catch a break with this guy. But what do I expect? It's been this way for years and it's only bothering me now.

"Are you going to help, or are you going to keep glaring at me." Dakota said, his face cracked a grin before winking at me. I rolled my eyes, walking over to him and Alex, helping them haul the rest of the kegs inside. I muttered under my breath, cursing Dakota for getting me into this.

"Trouble in paradise?" Alex smirked. I scoffed, dropping the keg. It landed on the floor with a loud thud before I walked away from the two and into a different room. The sound of his voice alone made me irritated and wanted nothing to do with this. I was being a prissy little drama queen and I hated it but at the same time I couldn't help it. I changed when it came to Dakota, even before this relationship started. I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. All I have to do is get through this night.

Soon after the set up, groups of people started to show, some I recognized, most I didn't. I lost sight of Dakota after the first hour with part of me still angry at him. The place was over crowded and hot as I made my way to the kitchen to grab a beer.

"Luka!"

"Hey Gemma." I smiled immediately, feeling like I hadn't seen her in weeks. She had on a tight black dress, with a little too much cleavage but who I am to judge her fashion choices. I averted my eyes, not to stare.

"Great party." She chuckled barely audible, looking like she'd already downed a couple cold ones.

"Where's Jane?" I asked over the loud upbeat music.

"Studying." Gemma rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her drink.

"Wanna dance?" She asked, moving closer to me with a grin. I nodded with a smile, but not before downing a beer. I would probably need it for whatever was going to happen tonight and whose to say a babysitter can't have fun, right?

The dance floor- a.k.a the living room, was full of other teenagers from school grinding on each other, blacked out of their minds. Gemma's body was practically pressed up against me. I could feel the hot air as she breathed, dancing in front of me and grabbing my hand to spin herself around.