Chapter Thirty Five : The Big Game

A/N thank you so much for 90k reads! i appreciate you all so much!

Dark clouds rolled across the sky, pair that with scattered humid rain, it was sure to make for an exciting game. I couldn't wait for buckets of sweat to pour down my body along with hot sticky rain, I was ecstatic.

I dragged my feet against the wet pavement of the school parking lot with my black duffel bag, weighing down on my shoulder and soaking wet hair as I waited to board the bus with my teammates and we just couldn't forget to bring the cheer leaders that we desperately needed. The bus that would take us to the game we've all been waiting for, the big one.

My eyes scanned the parking lot and darted my eyes to the school's front doors, searching for Dakota who hadn't showed up yet. Everyone else was here and it was almost time to leave, I was getting nervous. If Dakota didn't show, I would have a say in the plays. But we wouldn't win this game without him, maybe I shouldn't had thought so little of the team, of myself but I felt as if I couldn't do anything without Dakota by my side. I wondered when did it become that way, maybe since the beginning of our friendship.

I was more nervous at the thought of having to see him after exchanging the "L" word with each other than him not showing up. We've said it plenty of times but it was different, that was as friends. When I heard those words he'd said time and time again, it had meant more now.

A smile crept to my lips as I remembered that night, the traces of his touch against my skin, trailing along my body that made me shiver to the core and sent tingles through out me, his hot ragged breaths between each embracing tender kiss and hearing his whispers of pleasure in my ear that made me want him all to myself and no one else. I brushed my finger tips over my lips as I closed eyes, thinking back to us that night.

When you're in love, you feel like nothing and no one else matters except for that person, you feel invincible. But at the same time, the person you love, is your kryptonite, your greatest weakness but also the one person that builds you up and makes you strong. That was how Dakota made me feel.

"Guess your boy isn't going to make it today." Alex said as he smirked walking past me, pulling me from my own world. Queenie trailed behind him, stuck to him like the leech she was. Was that too harsh? I meant like the snake she was.

She winked at me with a grin, her lips tainted that devilish tempting red, wearing her cheer leading uniform that matched her hair. Everything about her was red.

I smacked my lips after blowing her a kiss that caught her off guard, quickly wiping that smug grin right off her face. I smirked, satisfied with myself as she scurried on to the bus avoiding my stare, leaving Alex behind who looked like he had a lot to say to me. Maybe that was why Alex had become such an idiot, Queenie was sucking the life out of him and he couldn't think for himself.

"Spit it out dough boy, unless you need your friends to make up words for you." I said as he stepped closer, towering over me. I didn't stand a chance if we fought but I wasn't going to bite my tongue at words he deserved to hear solely to avoid a pummeling.

"You're pretty mouthy for a freshman, twink." He said before shoving my chest, putting distance between us. The rest of the team and cheer leaders watched from inside the bus through the windows with anticipation, waiting for me to make the next move.

"That's no way to treat your co-captain." Dakota said from behind me. My stomach flipped at the sound of his voice, he came. I turned around and to my not so very surprise, he had a smirk spread across his face.