Chapter Forty Two : Homecoming

A/N Please give Victorian Boy a read by AudreyHornesHeart ! It's a fan fiction but give it a chance :)

Ps I rewrote a portion of the last chapter. I didn't like the fact that I wrote Jane as driving. I would re-read that bit because I introduced a new character.

The following days past by in a hazy blur until the night of homecoming. Dakota and I had decided it was tonight that we would tell our parent's about our relationship. My heart pounded at the very thought of it. It terrified me and I constantly found myself second guessing the decision. As much as I tried not to care about what my mom thought of me, I did, a lot. She was my mom after all but with this new found mother Theresa image of hers, I was worried she would revert back to her old self after learning about what I'd been doing lately.

But the thought that scared me the most was being separated from Dakota.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I tied my bow with nimble fingers as a deep sigh escaped from lip, the worry was apparent on my creased face. I swung my black blazer over my shoulder and slid my arms through, flattening the lapels afterwards.

Tonight would be life changing.

"Don't you look dashing." Dakota said as he entered my room, closing the door behind him. He walked towards me, a smirk on his lip with a hand behind his back before revealing a small bouquet of red roses. A smile crept to my lips as I reached out for them, bringing them up to my nose and taking in their scent. Dakota moved closer to me before pecking the corner of my mouth tenderly, lingering for a moment as he stared at my lips.

"Our dates will be here soon." I said jokingly, stepping away from him and walking to my nightstand, setting the flowers down. I would have to wait until tonight to put them water. A bit odd for best friends to be bringing each other flowers. Dakota pouted, his bottom lip curled downward as I turned around.

"Don't worry. It won't be this way forever." I said as I walked up to him before ruffling his brown golden hair.

"Hello, date." Gemma said after I opened the front door, letting her inside with Jane trailing behind her, both stunning as ever.

"You know, Gemma you don't have to keep saying it that way." I said with a chuckle.

"I know but it's fun teasing Dakota." She said as she winked at him. He'd already had a scowl on his face as she squeezed his cheek.

"You both look lovely." My Mom said coming from the living room with a camera in her hand. I stared at it, terrified as if it would end my life.

"Pictures before you leave." She said with smiling eyes, making them crinkle at the corners. Gemma grabbed me by the arm, tugging me into the living room with Jane and Dakota awkwardly trailing along behind us.

We huddled together and I had only wished I was standing beside Dakota instead as I stole a glance at him from the corner of my eye.

I put on a fake smile as I stared into the full camera lens and wondered when it was that my mom had changed her mind on the topic of girls. It came as a shock seeing her happy about me being around Gemma.

"One more." My mom said as the camera flashed for what felt like the millionth time.

"Have fun!" She said as we walked out the front door, ushering the rest before she could take any more pictures.