Chapter Twenty Seven : Need

A/N Thank you to all who take the time to read, vote and comment on this story. I almost felt like giving up in the beginning because it was getting so little reads! But I pressed on and now I have more than I ever thought I would. I didn't think this story would reach 14k but it has, so again thank you! Ps, what do you think of the new cover? Did you like the other one better?

After two weeks of good behavior, my grounding was over. Gemma wanted to throw a party in celebration of my so called freedom, but partying was the entire reason I was punished to begin with. I wanted nothing but stay out of trouble and avoid parties, not to mention I would definitely see Dakota there, who was the one person I was trying to avoid. Maybe I'm not cut out for the social life of a teenager. I felt out of place if I drank, out of place if I didn't, there was no winning over my guilty conscience. Part of me still wanted to apologize to him, even forgive him if he gave me some half assesed apology, I wouldn't care. Part of me wanted to get past this and move on, I just wanted things to go back to the way they were before all this happened. The other part wanted him to own up to his mistakes, instead of expecting me to let it slide like many times before.

"Are you coming to my party?" Gemma asked me during lunch.

"Probably not."

"You can bring your new boy." Jane said with a devious grin, her pearl white teeth gleaming at me.

"He's a friend." I said, it seemed I constantly had to reassure Gemma and Jane that Michael and I were only that. But Jane was convinced we were something more, it turned out she wasn't always right. It wouldn't be fair to Michael for me to have feelings for him. I had just met him a couple weeks ago and the only time we can held a conversation was during football practice, other than the time he invited me over.

"It'll be fun. I promise." Gemma clutched onto my arm with a smile.

"Like I haven't heard that before." I chuckled before taking a sip of soda, staring off into the distance across the field. More or less pretending not to notice Dakota who was sat with Eva and Queenie, along with Alex and his goons, they might as well have been his bodyguards. I know the team comes first but Alex is a class A prick and I didn't ever see myself getting along with him or the rest of the seniors on the team. Maybe it was some sort of aura seniors gave off that made them so unapproachable to me.

I was lost in my own thoughts before I realized that Queenie was standing right in front of me with her fiery red hair that fell down the sides of her face, and for a moment she came off as pretty attractive. Seemingly falling into her spell. Queenie was tempting, more now that she hadn't meddled into my life for sometime. That was until she opened her mouth and I was reminded of how utterly annoying she was.

"I hear you have a new toy." She smirked as she spoke to me, her lips a deep red.

"Please, leave Queenie." Jane said with a spiteful smirk.

"Now you can't speak for yourself and you have to get these two sluts to stand up for you?" She scoffed with arms crossed. I sighed and shook my head, grabbing my rubbish and throwing it in the trashcan, starting my way back into the school. And without uttering a single word, I began walking away from her.

"So what, now you're just going to walk away from me?!" She said with a raised voice, loud enough for the entire school to hear.

"Yes." I grinned, throwing up a hand to wave her off.

Later that afternoon, I apologized to Gemma and Jane for up and leaving without saying anything to them. I couldn't stand being around Queenie, maybe if she wasn't such a bitch, people would want to talk to her. But it was as if she purposely went out of her way to make other people's lives a living hell. It was the only social interaction she'd get.