Chapter Forty Five : Birthday Boy

A/N This chapter is incomplete and unfinished but I wanted to post it anyway for those waiting for the next chapter. Check back for updates!

Musical numbers by Lucio Dalla blared through out the Moreau household. I could practically feel the floor vibrating underneath me as I leaned against the wall of the kitchen amidst the busy bodies that ran back and forth from the kitchen to the dining room, chatting as they did so.

Dakota's grandparents, great grandparents and all other extended family that I could think of, had put together a dinner for his birthday. Chatter and laughter filled the rooms, along with balloons and streamers of blue and white strung up in each corner of the house.

"Gather around!" Mr.Moreau said from the dining room. Mrs.Moreau was nowhere to be found but I seemed to be the only one to take notice as everyone made their way into the dining room, a tall white cake sat atop the table with sixteen candles neatly placed into it.

Dakota stood in front of the giant white cake, surrounded by family, with a smile on his face. Voices loud and quiet sang the tune of happy birthday and I watched from the side as he closed his eyes tight, hesitating for a moment before pursing his lips together and blowing the candles out.

He opened his eyes, searching the room to find mine and as our eyes met, he smiled from ear to ear.

After the serving of the cake, Dakota was handed white envelopes from almost his entire family. It made me envious, seeing how much family he had and even after time apart, still cared for him the same. It made me realize how dysfunctional my family was but I shook it off.

It was sometime before everyone had left, minus my parents who had stayed behind to help with the cleaning.

"Where's your mom?" I asked Dakota as we walked into his room. It was neater than usual. Instead of clothes scattered all over the floor, they were folded and sitting in a basket on top his dresser.

"Probably in her room." He said with a roll of the eyes before sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Why?" I asked, taking a seat beside him.

"Why do you think?" He said with a somber chuckle, averting his eyes from mine.

"But she seemed so-"
"Luka, I gave up on her long ago after endless amounts of empty promises, you should do the same."

      I nodded, slightly disappointed that Mrs.Moreau had fallen off the wagon when she seemed to be doing so well.

"Anyway, lets just... play." Dakota said as he stood up and I assumed it was to turn on the game console. But instead, he stood in front of me with a wicked grin before straddling me with both of his leg on either side of me. I chuckled, running my hands against his thighs that I hadn't realized were muscular than before.

"I didn't know it would be this kind of playing." I said as I kissed the nape of his neck, his skin soft as ivory and sun kissed.

"You know, we're both sixteen now." Dakota said in a whisper, biting his bottom lip, his eyes were filled with a burning desire I hadn't seen before as his eyes trailed me up and down. His newly pubescent body was bursting with hormones that he couldn't control.

"But not any wiser." I said with a grin as I grabbed his waist before pinning him down on the bed with his hands above his head. He wriggled beneath me, trying to get out of my hold.

"Now let's play some real games." I said as I ruffled his hair and kissed the side of his face before standing up. I smoothed out my shirt before turning on the game console.

"You're killing me." He groaned into his pillow.

A/N Vote, comment and tell me what you think! :)