Chapter Four : House Rules

As I predicted it was an hour and half ride there, all the while I was praying my mom wouldn't find out that we were gone and I'd turn around to see her chasing after the bus. The Platz was a whole other country, well it might as well had been. I myself have lived here once and although the houses are big and the scenery is nice, the people are rude.

I'm not talking, don't even look in my direction rude, I'm talking, will judge you for not having a maid rude. We had to move on the account that our rakes were mysteriously disappearing and- reappearing into the neighbors yard. That and my mom couldn't stand being so far from Mrs.Moreau. I was surprised we didn't move back after my dad earned a promotion.

"Dakota! You made it." One of the seniors on our team came up to us just as we got inside the huge boulder of a house. The same guy from the first party we went to. I'm assuming they're friends now by some sort of party rights passage.

"Luka De Angelis, right?" He looked over at me.

"Right."
"Fast legs, I'm Alex by the way." He grinned and handed us two red solo cups. I hesitantly took it from his hand, I didn't want to offend him by declining and get the shit kicked out of me but I honestly didn't feel like drinking something that reminded me of vomit.

I was cautious with the seniors, although I did have some muscle, I didn't want to get into some scuffle and get kicked off the team. Besides, half of the seniors looked like they were on steroids and the other half looked like they were old dudes pretending to be seniors, would you want to pick a fight with someone like that? Okay, maybe I was just scared.

Dakota almost immediately downed his first drink and was now onto his second.

"Easy." I said to him as we explored the house. It was a maze and had to have been ten times the size of my house but it was still packed with freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. The back yard was something else. It was a whole other world, with a giant pool, deck and hot tub. I enjoyed the pink flamingo lawn ornaments.

"I can hold my liquor." He chuckled.
"Right."

"Luka! Hey!" I could hear a faint voice over the loud pop music.

I turned around to find Gemma waking towards me in a one piece bathing suit, dripping wet. I tried not to stare and focused on her eyes.

"Hey, Gemma." I smiled at her.
"Didn't expect to see you here tonight." She grinned at me.

"Yeah it was kind of last minute." I glared at Dakota who in turn grinned at me.

"Your name's Dakota right?"

"Yes ma'am. Hey I'm gonna hang out with Alex while you two catch up." He patted my back and disappeared into the crowd.

"Wait-" I mumbled.

"You should come in the pool with me, my friends want to meet you." She grabbed my hand and I wanted to immediately pull away. I looked over at Dakota and he was already all over some blondy. I rolled my eyes at the sight of them.

"Sure." I smiled at her and walked out back which was just as filled with people as it was inside. I downed the rest of my beer hoping it would calm my nerves. I hesitantly slid my shirt off and put it on a patio table, hoping no one would steal it. I'm not up for going back home shirtless.