Stage 4. Fear of Everything

Frank Iero was afraid of everything. Snakes, spiders, cats, vaginas, the general female population, performances, medicine, hospitals, doctors, airplanes, kinky knife-play, teenagers, stomachaches, sleeping in too late, missing a meal because a growing boy needs his food. Honestly, Frank was the king of irrational fears.

Especially thunder.

And one certain Gerard Way loved that.

Sure, he didn't like to see his baby boy unhappy. But he did like what happened whenever Frank got scared. And tonight, as the thunder and lightning raged outside, he couldn't resist but smile as he heard the pitter patter of Frankie's little onsie-clad feet scramble down from his nursery and into his room.

"Dada I scared." Frank whimpered from the other side of the door. One of their many rules to keep Frank feeling little as long as he wanted to was that Frank wasn't allowed to go into any room besides his own without permission.

"Well baby come i-" Gerard was cut off suddenly as a new bolt of lightning flashed in the sky and thunder filled the whole room.

Frank screamed, running off somewhere in the house. It could take Gerard forever to find him, and Gerard had work at seven the next morning. But in Gee's mind, nothing mattered until his little boy was safe.

"Baby boy!" Gerard called, groaning as he rolled out of bed. His joints were stiff, and popped with each step he took. "Where are you?"

Silence answered.

"Frankie? Baby where'd you go?" Gerard started walking down the hallway, listening for any slight indication as to Frank's location.

He walked past his office, stopping as a thought struck him.

The desk.

Where better for a midget to hide?

Gerard pushed through the slightly open door, walking past mountains of comic book ideas to get to the desk.

"Frankie baby are you okay?" He asked, hearing a soft whimper come from under the wooden structure.

"Dada I'm scared." Frank's eyes were glued shut, and his stuffie pulled tightly to his chest. Everything about him read blatant terror.

"Oh, baby." Gerard sighed, seeing the condition Frank was in. With a slight groan he dropped to the ground and shimmied under the desk, ignoring the way his head was pressed awkwardly against the top. "Daddy's here. Come to daddy little one."

He held out his arms wide, grinning as Frank practically threw himself on the older man.

"Dada..." Frank sniffled, whimpering. "Sing to me?"

Gee grinned, planting a soft kiss on Frank's forehead. "What do you want me to sing baby boy?"

"Surprise me." Frank giggled softly, already feeling better in Gerard's presence.

"Where? Where will you stand? When all the lights go out across this city-"

"I wrote that daddy!" Frank smiled, his balled fists eagerly bouncing on his leg. "Daddy is singing my song!"

"Frankie. Daddy loves your song." Gee grinned, kissing Frank's forehead. "Daddy will sing it 1,000 times if that's what it takes for you to understand just how much your song means to me. Y-you're my everything Frank."

Gee blushed, looking away. He didn't open up that much, and found the whole situation oddly uncomfortable.

But as he felt a soft peck on his lips, he knew he made the right decision.

"Thank you, Gerard." Frank whispered, resting their foreheads against each other. "I love you."

"I love you too, Frank." Gerard grinned. "Now. Are you ready to go to bed?"

"Can I sleep in your room tonight?" Frank asked as him and Gerard came out from under the table. The thunder had stopped, leaving just light drops of rain to cover the window.

"Of course, hun." Gee smiled, kissing the side of Frank's head as they left the room.

"And will you sing me to sleep?"

"Every night."

Thanks to howdyheyimfuckinggay for the request! And thanks for all the questions you submitted! I'm gonna give it another week or two before I write that so if you come up with more, comment here, there, or anywhere! Thanks for reading!