EJ Route 6

The next day I find Slenderman and explain everything that happened. EJ saved me from being kidnapped by two creepy guys, he killed them, he went crazy the next day, then I was taken here. Slender questions me on my aura and the power it gave me. I tell him everything I know, but I still am not sure how it worked.  

He nods and just ponders over the questions he has. He tells me that I am going to start training and practicing on controlling this newfound power of mine. I agree, but only if I am allowed visits to see EJ. He hesitantly agrees, but tells me that I am limited to the time with him and that Masky must be there with me if anything goes wrong. I agree to his terms and head down there as soon as Slender dismisses me.

Masky waits by the door as I walk in to greet EJ. The lights are dim so I can't see him very well, but I remember where he was from last night, so I walk to the same spot and sit down. He looks at me with his black, eyeless sockets. His mask was confiscated when I left and it looks like he was punished for past mistakes for leaving the mansion.

"Hi." I try to get him to speak to me. He looks away and holds his body closer to him against the wall. I move a bit closer to him. "I explained everything to Slenderman. He said that I have to control my powers and that he will look into the dark aura I have... I also have permission to visit you throughout the day, although it is limited.."

"Shut up." He says nonchalantly. As simple as this retort is, it breaks my heart. He should be a little happy, shouldn't he? "You think you're helping me, but if you really wanted to help, you'd never come down here again."

"I can't do that. I need to see you." I tell him.

"You're so selfish, aren't you?" He says quickly, looking me straight in the eyes.

"And you aren't? Is it not selfish to force yourself on me when I did not give you consent? Is it not selfish of you to tell me to never see you when it breaks my heart?" I say with tears brimming my eyes. When did I become so emotional?

"Why would it 'break your heart'?" He questions. It's just like him to tease me so much, but this time it feels like he doesn't believe me and it's making my chest squeeze. My heart can't take this. I would do anything in the world to be able to hug him.

"Oh, NOW you care, huh?" I yell at him. I go a little overboard with this and it seems to anger him. "I'm trying to fix this and change myself so that you can become normal again and be with me like before, but you're just making me want to stop trying."

"Then stop." He says through his spiked teeth, obviously angered at my meltdown.

"No!" I yell at his order.

"Why!?" He yells back, "Can't you see I hate you!?"

"Can't you see I love you!?" I yell back at him once more. I realize what I had said and cover my mouth. I don't actually love him, do I? Then why does my heart beat when I'm around him? I make up excuses all the time saying that we could never be together because he is a monster and I'm a human, but he did kiss me, so it proves we could work. He was under my influence though, so what am I thinking!?

His face tenses up, then quickly turns to the side, avoiding my gaze. He clearly didn't like hearing that.

"I- I didn't mean for..." I try to get out, but was interrupted by Masky barging in and telling me that my time was up and that we were supposed to train now. I nod and leave the room. I'm such an idiot..

I get up from my position and walk toward Masky, who is still glaring at EJ. As I get next to him, he puts an arm around my shoulder and we walk to the door.

"Don't touch her." I hear EJ say in a strong, yet small voice behind us. Masky 'tcks' at his voice and turns his head slightly to make eye contact with EJ.