Masky Route 3

The next morning, Slenderman gathers us all in the living room and makes us sit. Hoodie comes in with Sally and she runs up and hugs me. Masky comes into the room behind them and walks toward me. He takes a seat next to me with Sally on my lap.

"You weren't with me when I woke up!" She yelps. I nod and tell her that she would be more comfortable in her room. She just accepts my answer and looks at Hoodie, patting the seat next to her and me for him to sit down. He shakes his head and sits on another empty seat. Masky lets out a breathy laugh and shakes his head at me.

"He just needs more time to open up to you. He's a shy guy you know." Masky places his arm around my shoulders and moves a littler closer to me, acting like it is the most natural thing to do. BEN looks mad at his action, but he isn't speaking up about it.

Slender then takes this opportunity of silence to tell us what we are here for.

"Last night, a group of wanderers came to this Mansion. Luckily they didn't try to break in." He says. I look over to Masky to see if he knew anything, but he just stares back at me. I knew I heard something at night, but I couldn't place where it was coming from or by who. "This has been happening more frequently now, so we need to take care of this issue."

"Gladly." Jeff speaks up. He takes out his knife and starts to head out the door.

"Not now. Tonight we will have watches in order to take them out. Jeff, since you're so keen on this, you can take two shifts alone. Jane next, then Hoodie with Masky. Y/N, how about you take the last shift with BEN?"

I look over to BEN who is looking back at me with a smug grin. Masky tightens his hold around me and even Hoodie looks unsettled about this. Before I could say anything, Masky speaks up for me. "Benjamin wouldn't be a good choice with Y/N. He has already said inappropriate things to her and I would rather him not do it again for the night."

"Nu-uh! I only talk to her to make her feel good and have good conversations. If it leads to anything else, then perfect." BEN yells at Masky, "And at least I'm not the one forcing myself on her everyday!"

Slender turns his head to look at Masky's arm around me. "She trusts me more than you. Where were you last night when she needed someone? Sleeping."

"At least I was sleeping instead of trying to sleep with her!" BEN yells back at Masky. My face reddens at the memory of last night. He did try to get me into his room, but it was only a kind act, right?

"You see? He's always trying to make everything sexual. This is why Y/N shouldn't be around you." Masky retorts one last time. Everyone's heads had been going back and forth between Masky and BEN to see who would win. Even Jeff seemed amused near the end. Slender has had enough of this incessant arguing.

"BEN will go with Masky and Y/N will go with Hoodie. Now, get to your assignments and training." Slender says before he leaves.

We all nod and I head with Masky outside. Well, he more likely dragged me outside by my wrist. He seems upset by the recent decision and I worry that he might take it out on me today for training. He has been my partner ever since I came here and is usually very nice to me. He hands me a knife and tells me to take a stance. We fight for a while before BEN comes outside to watch, like usual. We then take a break and BEN once again tries to hit me up with pickup lines while trying to actually pick me up.

"Don't you dare touch her." Masky seethes at BEN.

"Are you mad? Good." BEN circles Masky, "It's not fair that you're keeping her all to yourself."

Hoodie walks up from the house and is now by me. I think he is also unsettled by the argument in front of us. I take a step back away from them and stand right next to Hoodie. He doesn't seem to care at our close proximity and I am happy for that. I don't want to stand alone at the moment. Hoodie looks over to me, probably wondering what was going on, but I give him an "I don't know" kind of look.