Masky Route 10

Tim's POV:

Life has been great. I've had great friends and a great time even with college. I've never been happier. My best friend is in class right now and I'm just waiting for him to get out. When he does, he points to some chick behind him that is chatting away to another girl. The talkative one looks familiar and I recognize her as the chick that tries too hard to talk to me every now and then when I'm around Brian in the store. He is trying to warn me of her approaching.

The girl behind her is the reason why I don't move from my spot. The H/C girl doesn't even glance my way, yet she fascinates me. The two girls pass by and I watch them leave the building. Brian waves a hand across my face and captures my attention. "Sorry, let's go." We head to the café I've been wanting to go to. Just my luck, when I sit down, the girl Emilia comes up to me and sits down next to me.

"Oh! Tim, you come here, too?" She says with a closed-eye smile. Brian puts his chin in his hands and looks at the other girl walking to us. That is the girl that I saw from earlier. She looks to Brian and smiles while taking a seat, hesitantly.

"Yeah..." I answer back to Emilia. She squeals in delight.

"Yay! We already have another thing in common! I just love making friends, right Tim?" She asks me again. The other girl glances over to me next and her smile softens. Does she think that I'm into Emilia? I hope not.

"We were actually going to just have a drink alone, if you two don't mind." Brian speaks up for me. Emilia pouts and doesn't leave.

Soon enough, I hear another girl's voice other than Emilia's high pitched one. "I was actually under the impression that we were going to have alone time together, Emi."

Emilia pouts at the other girl and then stands up. "Okay, fine. Oh! Hey we are having a small party at my house! Check out my social media for info!" She says before grabbing the other girl's arm and taking her away. I stare in their direction and Brian follows my gaze.

"You like her, don't you?" Brian says. I shake my head. I couldn't possibly like anyone I don't know.

A few days have passed and each time I meet the mysterious girl with Emilia, I end up coming across as rude. I ignore the H/C haired girl all the time and then beat myself up over it when she leaves. She is nice to me and tries to talk to me, but I always end up calling her an idiot or telling her to go away. What is wrong with me?

I'm at Brian's work at the book/gaming store. He is on break right now and we were just chatting about what we were going to do this weekend. The door opens and I see a familiar face. Emilia waves at us and comes to our side.

"So, what are you doing here Emilia? I thought you hated books." I ask her. 

"Tim, I HATED books, but now I met this guy that loves books so now I have to pretend to like them. Don't blow this for me!" She says while putting her hands on her hips. She likes someone? That's great! Now I don't worry about her liking me. "Also, I'm waiting for Y/N to come. She should be here right abooooouuuuuut~"

"Here! Sorry Emi, I had to stay late AGAIN for work and my boss is just so.. AUGH." A girl who I presume is Y/N by context shows up behind Emilia. So that is her name. It's almost as beautiful as her. Wait, what am I thinking! Stop it, brain, STOP IT!

"Now!" Emilia squeaks as she exclaims that she is psychic. "Okay, let's look for some costumes here in the back and get a drink before we go and plan for the party.. It's going to be AWESOME! EVERYONE IS INVITED!"

Hopefully she has a big house for the party, otherwise it's going to be a disaster. I'm in. 

Brian laughs at her positivity and shakes his head yes when asked if he was going to go. She turns her head to me to see if I wanted to go too, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of Y/N. I nod yes and smile at Emilia before looking at Y/N again. She smiles at me, sheepishly. I think she might be scared that I will be rude to her again. Why am I like this?