Zero Route 3

Warm... too warm... 

I breath in hot air from the blanket surrounding me and struggle to move my face away from it. I stretched my arms out and let the cold air hit my skin as I feel my stomach tighten. I come more to my senses and feel that there is something else wrapped around me besides a blanket. I turn around carefully to not disturb whoever is next to me and see Zero laying here, his arm placed protectively over me.

I lay still and stare at his face as he continues to sleep. What happened? After Zalgo had taken my aura, I remember collapsing and being caught by something- or someone. Zero was mad at me yesterday for not doing what he wanted me to do to the prisoner, so he wouldn't have gotten over his anger so quickly. Still, he seems to want me to get used to the pace here in Zalgo's domain and become familiar with the 'family'. Midnight told me to go with the flow here and I would get along just fine, but this is all just so confusing. I can't tell if anyone is being honest with me or just using me.

I lift up my hand to try to push Zero away from me so that I can get up but he just brings me closer to him and rests his head right next to mine. My cheeks are burning and I'm pretty sure that it's red. Zero won't let me go no matter how hard I push away. He want's to play this game? Fine~

I come up with a brilliant way to mess with him and get my acting face on. I place my hand on his right cheek and rub it with my thumb. His eyes move a bit under his eyelids and eventually flutter open, lazily. I smile up at him and greet him with a 'good morning.'

He looked at you with a confused expression as you remove your hand from his face and continued your sneaky charade. "What? No good morning kiss? It's been three days since we had our ceremony and you still haven't gotten used to me yet?"

You made a pouty face and stared into his clear blue orbs. He continues to stare into your eyes, trying to remember the false information you gave him. "Are you feeling OK?" You ask him. His eyebrows scrunch up, seeing through your lies you told him. No, he's catching on! I have to think quick to make him more confused.

You push him over and climb on top of him, his arms still wrapped around you from not realizing he was still holding onto you. You lean down to him to where your hair acts like a curtain and conceals both of your faces an inch apart from each other. You can feel his uneasiness, but you push through and confuse him even more.

"You don't remember anything from the past few days, do you? Well long story short, Midnight discovered new powers and accidentally erased your memory. I was kind of hoping you still had pieces left but I guess not."

"What? Wait-" He finally responds to me, pulling me and himself up into a sitting position so that he can think straight, "You're telling me that I lost my memory?"

"Yes. What's the last thing you remember?" I ask him, cocking my head to the side, trying to act as innocent as possible while wrapping my arms around his neck. He removes his arms around me and puts them behind him to hold us both up in a sitting/reclined position.

"I remember bringing you to your room after my dad had almost killed you. I left you alone in the room until I heard you scream as I walked by your room and came in to check on you. You wouldn't calm down until I sat by you and rubbed your arms. I guess I fell asleep after staying over here for so long." He stares into my eyes to see if anything he said is ringing a bell.

I exaggerate my facial expressions as I say, "What!? That was two weeks ago! You really don't remember anything else?"

"No..." He says, believing me and looking down and my neck. His expression changes a bit and then looks back at me. "I missed our wedding and our wedding night?"