EJ Route 7

EJ finally came back the next morning. Slender captured him again and brought everyone outside for a meeting. I get ready and run down the stairs so that I could be with EJ, but accidentally bump into Masky on the way down.

"Sorry Masky." I apologies.

"What's go you so happy all of a sudden?" He asks with a chuckle.

"EJ is back. I need to see him." I tell him before waving for him to come with me to the meeting outside. We walk together until I see EJ next to Slender along with everyone else chatting with him. He seems happy with the crew. I skip up to him and feel his smile turn into a frown. I look down to see that my bracelet isn't on and panic. Where did I leave it? I thought I had it on when I left my room? I didn't do anything except for bumping into Masky--

"Yo, Y/N! Looking for something?" Masky says from behind me. I see the bracelet in his hands and nod yes.

EJ glares at Masky, who is behind me and is wrapping his arms around me so that he could put my bracelet on my wrist. His head is sitting on my shoulder as he does this and occasionally looks up at EJ who is watching us. EJ's face still doesn't change and I worry if the bracelet isn't working anymore.

"EJ? Is the bracelet working?" I ask politely.

"Yes it is." He says and gives me a smile, then returns to glare at Masky, who is still holding me.

"Then why are you glaring daggers at Masky still?" I ask him.

"That's not you're aura, it's natural instinct." EJ says, pulling me away from Masky's grasp and holds me in his arms.

Masky sighs and walks to Hoodie as Jeff comes over with BEN and greets EJ. They all chat about the old times when EJ was originally here and how things have been going since he left. It sounds like they were all friends before and they all got along quite well. I smile at his interactions and let myself get lost in the moment.

Slender clears his throat and speaks soon after. "Thank you for coming out here. This meeting is about Y/N. I have been hiding the true reason why I am keeping you here. You see, before I became who I am now, I had been working for some very... odd people. Long story short, they helped me become who I am, and I have helped many of you become who you are too. Y/N, you my dear, are different. I didn't make you into who you are, you already did." Slender says, giving us a moment to retain the words he 'spoke' before continuing.

"You are a being with an incredible aura about you, as you have noticed. You hold misfortune in you. Your family's fate, you're financial life, your happiness, your friends... Everything you loved, lost or dead. I chose to keep you after everything that had happened. I chose you, no matter what misfortune you could bring." Slender continues.

I nod, knowing exactly what he is saying. I'm the cause of everyone's misfortune. EJ holds me tighter, not wanting me to feel alone in this situation.

"But, I know now that I can't keep you for long. Your aura is strong here, and is only getting stronger. We have to find a way to harness it, otherwise we will all drive each other to the brink of killing us off. Eyeless had the worst of this only because their connection was stronger together and they spent more time together than she has with anyone else here. This, however, does not mean we can blame her for anything, but only her.. power." Slender says slowly, "This power, that has caused my brother not being able to keep up with her, and joining Zalgo..."

Everyone gasps, including me. Am I the reason why Trender left me?

Slender adds more, "We still have to meet Zalgo soon and give him a 'gift' for him ruling over us. He prefers human sacrifices, so each one of you, including Y/N, must go out and get one to give him so we can bundle it up for him. Also, because Y/N is a human, we need to look after her. Her aura is strong, so he can sense it. Her aura will make him stronger, so we need to be careful. Please be aware of this." He teleports away and goes back to his business in his office. I always wondered what type of work he is always doing, but now is not the time to question it.