Masky Route 5

"Are you sure you're okay?" Masky asks me while scooting closer to where I am sitting on the ground. My hands are pressed on my head tightly to try to lessen the headache. I think the pain is just now coming at full force from the car door slamming on my head. He places his hand on my head and tries to gain my attention. I'm too focused in myself to respond back to him. I'm a little confused too. "You're lucky you only hit your head. It could have been a lot worse."

I look up at him with my eyes starting to water. He is really close to me and his hand is trying to pry my two other ones off of my head. I told him I'd be fine after a while of rest, but I don't know if I will be. He rubs the free part of my scalp with his gloved hand and it starts to pull at my hair. I wince at the added pain, though I can't really feel it much. He notices it and takes off both of his gloves. He goes back to rubbing my head and it lessens the pain in my head.

When he gets me to let go of my head, he positions himself behind me and uses both hands to massage my scalp. I focus on his touch rather than the pain to help me recover. He stops after a while and I turn around to face him for a hug. He is really too nice for this world. How did he even get the position of a creepypasta? He hugs me back with his head next to mine. His hand goes back to my head while the other is on my back rubbing circles.

I try to move away from him, but he stops me and holds me closer. "Don't move." We stay in the same position for a while before I try to move away again but he gets a little upset. "Why do you want to get away from me?"

I tilt my head, "I'm not trying to get away, I just thought it would be appropriate to get back to the mansion." He shakes his head and stands up.

"Is pulling away not getting away from me?" He questions me.

"Well... I guess it is." I say with my head down. He's not wrong, but I'm not purposefully trying to get away in that sense. He crosses his arms and stares down at me. I wish I knew what his expression is but maybe it is for the better that I don't know. I try to stand up but he tells me to sit back down. He stares at me and sighs. I take his outstretched hand and he helps me stand up to meet him.

He doesn't let go of my hand and starts walking. "I didn't mean to come off as rude. I just..." His voice gets quieter to where I can't hear him very well, "wanted you to stay with me." I walk with him and question why he would think like that.

"Stay with you?" He looks over to my question, "I wasn't trying to leave you."

"I know." He shakes his head and looks somewhere to his other side. Most likely, trying to avoid me yet still holding my hand. We walk for a while more before my headache comes back at a bearable state. I need to try to distract myself.

"Hey, Masky?" I ask him. I need to think of a question that will make light of our situation and hopefully make our walk back home easy. He hums in response and glances my direction before looking back forward. "You never show your face to anyone, right? Will you ever show it to me?"

He looks at me again and tightens his grip on my hand. "Maybe when the time is right." He stops walking and I stop to face him. He gets close to me to where his mask is inches from mine. "You've gotta sleep with me first."

My heartbeat quickens and I know my face is turning pink from embarrassment. "Remember? You have to be in my room to sleep to see my mask off. Or you could opt to shower with me." I shake my head and quietly respond back, "I thought you didn't trust me enough yet?"

He tilts his head, "I'm starting to." He starts to walk again down the road, "In time. Though I wish it was sooner than later."

"What do you mean by that?" I'm confused with all his riddles he throws at me. He laughs and shakes his head, not responding to my question. Instead, he looks at my head again and asks if it hurts again. I nod and he stops and tells me to get on his back.

"Maybe it would be better for you to rest while I run back. It will hurt with the bouncing when I run, but the quicker you get to bed the better." I agree and let him help me on his back as he continues to walk faster.

"New question," I say, "What do you want most in this world?" It is a simple question and it is better than asking, 'If you had a million dollars...'

He thinks about this for a bit, "You." I had my arms wrapped around his neck and my legs around his torso. With this answer, I freeze before letting out a laugh. "Very funny, Masky."

He shakes his head and laughs with me. "What did you think when I said that?"

"I thought you were serious for a second, but then realized it was a joke. Come on, me? Hahaha!" I laugh just thinking about him even wanting to be with me. That couldn't possibly happen because we... well... we just can't be together, right?

"Would it be hilarious if I meant it? Like I've been waiting for what seems like years to be with you?" He says this with a joking tone, but I feel something behind it. Not enough to make me suspicious of anything.

"Years? Come on, we had just met each other days ago. No way." I rest my head on the side of his, "Plus wouldn't it be weird? Us?"

"I don't think it would be the worst idea. Now the worst would be you and Jeff. Trust me." He says with snarky voice at the end. "You're lucky that never happened."

"Lucky that never happened?" I say with a sarcastic attitude, "I don't know, maybe it would have worked." We walk in silence for a couple seconds before I burst out laughing just thinking of the scenario. Jeff acting lovey dovey to someone? Come on!

Masky didn't find this very funny, but let out a few laughs at the end. "No. The thing I want most is kind of stupid."

"And what would that be?" I ask. He shakes his head and looks down, "Uh... I want to be human again."

"But, aren't you still kinda human?" I ask him.

"No." He speeds up his walking into a light jog. My headache starts to act up again even more but I try to ignore it. "I want to live a normal life again. If I could relive my life, I'd change everything."

I think about this and disregard it entirely. That's not the way you should think. "But you can't. Why focus on what you can't change if you can think about what you should do next? Even if you're in a terrible situation, you need to focus on now, not yesterday."

He listens to me but still doesn't agree, "Slender has been good, but I want to be able to be like you. I want what you have."

"Oh, so when you said you wanted me, you meant that you wanted my life?" I try to piece things together.

"Not quite. But, yes I want the human part of you. To grow old and live a simple life with someone and not worry about people trying to find you or kill you all the time." He explains, "I would love that. With what happened in the past, I can't turn back now."

"Is it love you're wanting? I'm sure you can still have it here. Just circumstances are different." I say back. Sure it is very different and harder, but if anyone could do it, it would be him.

"Whatever you say, Y/N."

He had ran back the rest of the way with me on his back. My head is hurting like hell but when we get back to the mansion it clears up when Masky gets me medication. He leads me toward his room but I smack him on the back of his head and he laughs, "Aw man. I thought I could get you drugged up enough to not notice."

"It's pain killers. I'm not going to be loopy with this." I say. He laughs and takes me back to my room to sleep.

"Hey, I can dream, okay?" He tucks me in and waits by me.

"You don't have to stay, Masky. I know you're tired too." I tell him. He hesitates, "I just don't want to leave you alone again." I understand his point. Last time I told him that he should go while I was on my watch and I got kidnaped. It wouldn't be the worst idea with him here, but I know he is tired.

He eventually leaves, reluctantly, and goes into his room. I sleep the rest of the night and part of the morning with Jane. When we wake up, Jane started throwing twenty questions about last night and how she heard me and Masky whispering at night. I just hope word about it doesn't get around.