Masky Route 4

I fasten both of our seatbelts and look around quickly to take in my surroundings. There is junk everywhere, even in a pile in between our feet. The rear-view mirror is pointed in a way that he can't see anything I am planning to do, except my face, which is a major concern. I also noticed that when they threw Hoodie in the car, he was tied up in three spots. His hands were tied together behind his back, his arms were tied to his torso, and his legs are tied together. As they started up the car, I turn my head to look out the window nearest me on my left. I move my right hand slowly over to Hoodies side of the car and tried not to make any facial expressions. The driver keeps an eye on me while the passenger's seat guy is on his phone again. My hand reaches Hoodie's shirt and I gently brush my hand against his side, trying to find my position on him while also letting him know what I am doing. He jumps a bit at my touch, alerting the driver to look back at me and him. I turn my head and pretend that I just noticed him and made a scared face, then looked back out the window.

I keep contact with Hoodie's body at all times, so he knows exactly where my hand is and won't jump again. We can't afford another mess up. I find where his hands are and find the knot that is constricting his movement. It takes me a while, but I manage to loosen up the knot enough so I can untie it. He slowly moves his hands apart to free himself, but his arms are still tied behind his back.

I move my hand a little bit up his back to untie the next tie. Hoodie knows that we cannot act suspicious or it will alert the guards, so he stays still. Even though it is only untied, it is still wrapped around him. The only thing I can think of to do now is to try to get out of the car. They are driving fast, so we can't just jump out.

"I need to use the bathroom!" I squeal. The two men look at me and then Hoodie, who is calm and pretending that he is still tied up.

Before I could try to persuade them further into stopping somewhere, the guy driving came to a screeching stop. We all are forced to lean over at the sudden stop. When I was upright again, I see the car's headlights pointed toward someone on the road. They look familiar but I can't see them really well. Their face is covered by dark hair from the night, looking down at the ground. There is something shining off of their hand.

Hoodie leans closer to me to see what is going on and we smooshed together with curiosity. The person starts shaking and when I least expect it, the guy driving starts to accelerate to hit him. Before the car even got close to him, the man jerks his head up and stares madly into the windshield. When we got close to him, he showed his knife and jumped onto the car. His face is pressed up into the glass and I recognize him as Jeff. Of course.

He jumps onto the roof of the car and we are driving faster, trying to get the guy off of the car. I feel the car shake and grab onto Hoodie's shirt. He is getting untied and I help him while cowering away from the roof. There are holes being punched through the roof by Jeff trying to get through. He fits his arm through a hole and starts swiping his knife around trying to hit one of the guys. Hoodie, now free, unlocks the door and opens it. "Let's jump."

I shake my head, terrified of dying unlike him. He keeps trying to get me to jump but I  refuse, too scared to follow him. He shakes his head and jumps. His seat is empty and I reach out my arm to the wide-open door, hoping that somehow it will help my situation. It didn't.

The two guys in the front seat are still flipping out at the knife being swung back and forth between them, so I will be in grave danger if we crash right now. When Hoodie was getting ready to jump, he unbuckled my seatbelt to get me to go with him. Now that I still have it off, it is putting me at risk for death. What is Jeff thinking?

I sit forward, not sure of what to do until I hear something else jump on the roof of the car. Before I can wonder who or what it was, a male jumps from the top of the car to the inside. He closes the door beside me with a loud slam and sits in Hoodie's seat. He is slumping over his seat and puts his feet up on the back of the other guy's seat like he is relaxing. His arms are behind his head and he stares forward with his mask covering his face.